These Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels are a must have on the menu whether you're entertaining, making quick snacks for the kids or tailgating. The flavorful trio of chicken, bacon and ranch dressing just never disappoints.
How to Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels Recipe
- When preparing the ingredients for the Southern style chicken bacon ranch pinwheels filling, it's important to allow the cream cheese to soften to room temperature so it will blend evenly with the other ingredients.
- In place of traditional bacon you could substitute using turkey bacon for these easy chicken pinwheels.
- Sharp cheddar cheese is best for this pinwheels recipe.
- After carefully mixing all of the ingredients together and spreading onto the tortilla wraps, the next step is rolling and shaping each one as you go so they'll have a consistent shape.
- Wrap each filled tortilla tightly in plastic wrap or place into a airtight container side by side and chill in the refrigerator overnight. This will give the chicken bacon ranch filling to firm and make them easier to cut. Either way, it's an important step, don't skip it.
- To slice the pinwheels after they've been chilled thoroughly, it's imperative that you use a very sharp knife.
- If you attempt to cut the pinwheels using a sawing action with a dull knife, you risk smashing the filling and causing them to lose their shape. If this happens, take a moment to re-shape each one so they all look consistent in shape and size.
- You can assemble these chicken pinwheels up to 2 days in advance and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Leftovers will keep for up to 3 days for a total of 5 days.
- Can I freeze chicken bacon ranch pinwheels? I don't recommend freezing these pinwheels.
When to Serve Easy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
These sorts of handheld pinwheel roll-ups are ideal for game day, picnics, parties and between meal snacking. I'm a proud Mom of two teenage boys and to say that it's a challenge to fill them up is an understatement. Mind you, I wouldn't have it any other way, they are the absolute best part of my life and I love making snacks for them and their friends to enjoy. Teenagers love casual munchies and with a little planning in advance any of these can be assembled and ready to go when friends come over for a visit.
- Roasted Party Snack Mix is a classic made in the oven.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pull Apart Rolls remain a viral Pinterest sensation to date.
- Bacon Ranch Jalapeno Poppers are baked, not fried for ease of preparation .
- Tortilla chips and dips like Slow Cooker Queso Blanco are always a winning option.
- Homemade French Onion Dip is for the more discerning dip lovers.
Other Pinwheels Recipes To Try
If you're party planning and want other pinwheels to try, checkout this recipe for Club Sandwich Pinwheels from Real Housemoms for your next party.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
- 1 8 oz onion and chive cream cheese softened
- 1 cup prepared Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 ½ cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 3 large burrito size spinach and herb wraps or plain your preference
- In a medium size mixing bowl using an electric mixer, whip together the cream cheese, dressing, salt and pepper until smooth.
- By hand mix in the chicken, cheese, bacon and chives. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Divide filling between wraps. Spread evenly from end to end.
- Begin rolling firmly re-shaping as you go. Wrap in plastic wrap or place side by side in an airtight container. Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Use a sharp knife to cut each wrap into 12 even pieces. Store chilled in an airtight container until serving.