These Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels are a must have on the menu whether you’re entertaining, making quick snacks for the kids or tailgating. The flavorful trio of chicken, bacon and ranch dressing just never disappoints.
How to Make Easy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels: Burrito size spinach and herb wraps OR plain wraps, chive and onion cream cheese, chopped rotisserie or roasted chicken, crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic salt, black pepper and fresh chives.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A large bowl, hand mixer or whisk, cutting board, sharp knife, cheese grater, offset spatula or knife measuring cups and spoons.
- When preparing the ingredients for these easy chicken bacon ranch pinwheels filling, it’s important to allow the cream cheese ample time to soften to room temperature. When doing so, it will blend easily and evenly with the other ingredients.
- In place of traditional bacon you could substitute using turkey bacon for the pinwheels filling.
- Sharp cheddar cheese is best for this pinwheels recipe but you could adapt using mild or medium cheddar.
- After carefully mixing all of the ingredients together spread it evenly onto the tortillas. The next step is rolling and shaping each one as you go so they’ll have a consistent shape.
- Wrap each filled tortilla tightly in plastic wrap or place into a airtight container side by side and chill in the refrigerator overnight. This will give the chicken bacon ranch filling to firm and make them easier to cut. Either way, it’s an important step, don’t skip it.
- To slice the pinwheels after they’ve been chilled thoroughly, it’s imperative that you use a very sharp knife.
- If you attempt to cut the pinwheels using a sawing action with a dull knife, you risk smashing the filling and causing them to lose their shape. If this happens, take a moment to re-shape each one so they all look consistent in shape and size.
- You can assemble these chicken pinwheels up to 2 days in advance and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Leftovers will keep for up to 3 days for a total of 5 days.
- Can I freeze chicken bacon ranch pinwheels? I don’t recommend freezing these pinwheels.
When to Serve Easy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
These sorts of handheld pinwheel roll-ups are ideal for game day eating, picnics, potluck parties and between meal snacking. They feature the trio of flavors that’s always a hit and kids of all ages gobble them up in no time flat. You can make these in advance and pop them into the fridge and they’re ready to devour when you’re ready to eat. How to make easy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels Recipe: (Scroll down for full printable recipe.)
- Creamed Ingredients – Whip together the cream cheese, Ranch dressing, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Mix-ins – Use a large spoon or spatula to mix in the chicken, cheese, bacon and chives by hand. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Divide the Filling – Divide filling between the wraps. Spread evenly from end to end.
- Roll – Begin rolling firmly re-shaping as you go. Wrap in plastic wrap or place side by side in an airtight container. Chill for 4 hours or overnight to firm.
- Slice – Use a sharp knife to cut each wrap into 12 even pieces. Store chilled in an airtight container until serving.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes to Make
- Roasted Party Snack Mix is a classic made in the oven.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pull Apart Rolls remain a viral Pinterest sensation to date.
- Bacon Ranch Jalapeno Poppers are baked, not fried for ease of preparation.
- Southern Pimento Cheese slathered on crackers, bread or served with celery sticks.
- Homemade Cheese Straws are made using a cookie press.
- Tortilla chips and dips like my Slow Cooker Queso Blanco are always a winning option.
- Homemade French Onion Dip is for the more discerning dip lovers.
- If you’re party planning and want other pinwheels to try, checkout this recipe for Club Sandwich Pinwheels from Real Housemoms for your next party.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
- 1 8 oz chive and onion cream cheese softened
- 1 cup prepared Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 3 large burrito size spinach and herb wraps or plain your preference
- In a medium size mixing bowl using an electric mixer whip together the cream cheese, Ranch dressing, garlic salt and pepper until smooth.
- Use a large spoon or silicone spatula to mix in the chicken, cheese, bacon and chives. Fold together until evenly distributed.
- Divide the filling between wraps. Spread evenly from end to end.
- Begin firmly rolling re-shaping as you go so each wrap is even. Wrap individually in plastic wrap or place side by side in an airtight container. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight top firm.
- Use a sharp knife to cut each wrap into 12 even pieces. Store chilled in an airtight container until serving.