The flavorful trio of of chicken, bacon and Ranch dressing just never disappoints. Whether you’re entertaining, making quick snacks for the kids, or tailgating, these Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels are a must have on the menu.
Tips For Making Pinwheels Successfully
When preparing the ingredients for the pinwheels filling, it’s important to allow the cream cheese to soften to room temperature so it will blend evenly with the other ingredients. After carefully mixing all of the ingredients together and spreading onto the wrap, the next step is rolling and shaping each one as you go so they’ll have a consistent shape. Before chilling, you can wrap each wrap tightly in plastic wrap or place into a airtight container side by side and chill overnight. I’ve used both methods and feel they each work well. To slice the pinwheels after they’ve been chilled thoroughly, it’s imperative that you use a very sharp knife. If you attempt to cut the pinwheels using a sawing action with a dull knife, you risk smashing the filling and causing them to lose their shape. If this happens, take a moment to re-shape each one so they all look consistent in shape and size.
I’m a proud Mom of two teenage boys. To say that it’s a challenge to fill them up is an understatement. Mind you, I wouldn’t have it any other way, they are the absolute best part of my life and I love making snacks for them and their friends to enjoy. Teenagers love casual munchies like Party Snack Mix, Chicken Bacon Ranch Pull Apart Rolls and Bacon Ranch Jalapeno Poppers. Chips and dips like Slow Cooker Queso Blanco and Homemade French Onion Dip are always a win. A little planning in advance and any of these can be assembled and ready to go when friends come over for a visit.
Other Pinwheels Recipes To Try
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
- 1 8 oz onion and chive cream cheese softened
- 1 cup prepared Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 3 large burrito size spinach and herb wraps or plain your preference
- In a medium size mixing bowl using an electric mixer, whip together the cream cheese, dressing, salt and pepper until smooth.
- By hand mix in the chicken, cheese, bacon and chives. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Divide filling between wraps. Spread evenly from end to end.
- Begin rolling firmly re-shaping as you go. Wrap in plastic wrap or place side by side in an airtight container. Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Use a sharp knife to cut each wrap into 12 even pieces. Store chilled in an airtight container until serving.