Easy Bacon Ranch Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
How to Make the Best Baked Bacon Ranch Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
These open faced Bacon Ranch Jalapeno Poppers are baked, not fried, making them not only tasty, but much easier to prepare.
- Ingredients you'll need to make baked Bacon Ranch Jalapeno Poppers: Medium raw jalapeno peppers, plain cream cheese, shredded colby jack cheese, prepared ranch dressing (use your favorite brand) garlic salt, onion powder, cooked and rumbled bacon, green onions and crushed Doritos.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: A sharp knife and cutting board, cheese grater, medium bowl, hand mixer, measuring cups and spoons and a sheet pan.
- When removing the seeds from the jalapenos, use a teaspoon to scrape them out. You may also consider wearing gloves to prevent the juices from getting onto your hands. Wash your hands thoroughly after handling them and avoid touching your eyes or the juices will irritate them or your skin.
- The filling for these poppers can be prepared in advance for a time saver. Store it in an airtight container and chilled until assembling. This can be done up to 2 days in advance.
- You can also fill the jalapenos and place into an airtight container until baking. When doing so, wait to sprinkle the tops with Doritos until you're ready to bake. Also, the baking time may need to be extended slightly.
- You could use the same amount of pepper jack cheese if desired, for extra kick. You could also use cheddar or monterey jack cheese.
- Please note: Jalapeno peppers naturally vary in shape and size. Depending on the size used, the yield may vary.
- Once these poppers are baked, allow them a few minutes of stand time for the filling to set.
- Store baked Bacon Ranch Jalapeno Poppers chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat on a sheet pan in a 375°F oven for a few minutes or in an air fryer. You could also reheat in single servings in the microwave.
More Recipes with Jalapenos to Make
- These Jalapeno Popper Puffs are made using crescent rolls.
- You may also enjoy this recipe for Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers.
- Cheddar Bacon Jalapeno Cornbread Loaf makes a delicious twist on classic cornbread.
- You can use this Jalapeno Ranch Dressing as a dip, too.
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Mushrooms are a delicious two bite appetizer to make.
- Get the party started with these Loaded Supreme Nachos.
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken from The Novice Chef.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Bacon Ranch Jalapeno Poppers
- 10 medium jalapeno peppers halved
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup prepared bottled buttermilk ranch dressing
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 5 slices bacon cooked & crumbled
- 1 ½ cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese divided
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- ½ cup crushed Ranch flavored Doritos
- Dipping sauces: Additional ranch dressing sour cream, guacamole, salsa
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a standard baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wearing gloves, slice the jalapenos in half. Use a spoon to remove the membrane and seeds. Cut a thin flat slice from the bottom of the pepper so it will remain upright while baking.
- Use a hand mixer, to beat together the cream cheese, buttermilk dressing, onion powder and garlic salt. Beat for 2 minutes until creamy.
- Add the crumbled bacon, ½ of the shredded Colby-Jack cheese and 2 thinly sliced green onions. Mix by hand until combined.
- Divide the mixture between the halved peppers. Depending on the size of the peppers you use, your yield may be greater.
- Sprinkle the top of each pepper with shredded Colby-Jack cheese and crushed ranch flavored Doritos.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the peppers are tender and tops are golden. Cool on the pan for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- These poppers can be served as is or with your favorite dipping sauces.