This creamy Slow Cooker Queso Blanco Dip recipe is just like the creamy addictive dip served at Mexican restaurants. It's ideal for creating a self-serve nacho bar, game day snacking or any casual gathering where finger foods are on the menu.
Easy Slow Cooker Queso Blanco Dip Recipe
One of the greatest things about slow cookers is, they do the actual cooking while you go about your day. Whether you're making slow cooked fiesta chicken and rice, fiesta ribs or tender french dip sandwiches for dinner, slow cooking takes the stress out of meal prep. That's why it's the perfect choice to make this queso dip. The slow cooker not only melts all of the ingredients together gently, it also keeps it warm for serving.
How to Make the Best Slow Cooker Queso Blanco Dip Recipe
I serve this queso blanco dip at football parties or as part of our race-day-watching snacks. It's also spectacular as part of a taco salad or build-your-own taco bar. It's so much fun to set-up your favorite fixin's and let everyone build their own nachos topped with a generous drizzle of this rich cheese, of course.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Queso Blanco Dip: 3 pounds white American cheese, two cans fire roasted diced green chiles, half and half, chopped pickled jalapeno, ground cumin, granulated garlic and onion powder.
- If you need a smaller amount of queso blanco dip, the ingredients in this recipe can be easily halved.
- I use an oval 6 quart slow cooker for this recipe. You can use any shape of slow cooker, but you'll need at least a 4 quart crockpot to fit all of the ingredients.
- This queso blanco dip can be served with tortilla chips for dipping or as a delicious warm and gooey cheese sauce for enchiladas, baked potatoes, tacos, grilled or steamed vegetables, burritos, french fries, chimichangas and beyond.
- Store leftover queso blanco in the refrigerator for up to one week. Reheat in a saucepan on the stovetop over medium heat or in single servings in the microwave.
Set-Up a Nacho Bar Using Slow Cooker Queso Blanco Dip
A nacho party is guaranteed to please the vegetarian and meat eaters alike at your table. It all begins with the planning and knowing the likes and dislikes of your family and friends.
- Set-up the buffet with nacho trays, napkins and utensils at the start.
- Next, copious amounts of chips. Offer at least 2 different colors of tortilla chips for visual appeal. Think classic tortilla chips and blue corn tortilla chips.
- Next, the queso. Provide a ladle for drizzling the cheese and if you have 2 slow cookers, set them up side by side, each with their own ladle.
- Lastly, have fun with assorted toppings. Grilled chicken and taco seasoned ground beef or cooked chorizo are fantastic choices for the protein. You'll also need shredded cheese, guacamole, lettuce, pico de gallo, pickled jalapenos, sour cream, salsa, olives and more. Roasted Mexican corn is also a delicious topping for nachos.
More Southern Style Dip Recipes to Make
Dips are a tasty way to keep the family happy while you're working on supper or when entertaining. More easy dip recipes you may like to try:
- This recipe for Million Dollar Dip requires no cooking at all.
- Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip is a riff on the wings we all love.
- Classic flavors shine in this Italian Spinach and Artichoke Dip recipe.
- Everyone loves a Layered Taco Dip for game day snacking.
- Beer Cheese Dip from The Cozy Cook.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 6 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
- Onion/Vegetable Chopper
- Serving Set
- Insulated Slow Cooker Travel Case and Carrier
Slow Cooker Queso Blanco Dip
Servings: 8 cups
- 3 lb white American cheese cubed [from Deli]
- 2 4 oz cans chopped fire roasted green chilies
- ¼ cup finely diced pickled jalapeno
- 2 cup half & half plus additional as needed to thin
- 2 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Spritz the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add the cubed cheese to the slow cooker first.
- Drizzle with half & half.
- Sprinkle the green chilies, jalapenos and seasonings on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until the cheese has completely melted.
- Stir well to combine adding additional half & half 1-2 tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Keep warm.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 719kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 61g | Saturated Fat: 35g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 192mg | Sodium: 2987mg | Potassium: 332mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1900IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 1848mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
Just found this in 2016! I'm going to enter it in my work's crock-pot cook off. Wish me luck
Let me know how it goes.