This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento(®). The opinions and text are all mine.
Whether you're hosting a homestyle fiesta or entertaining friends on game day, these Easy Cheesy Taco Sliders will be the star of the gathering. To prepare, slider rolls are stuffed with taco seasoned ground beef, then sandwiched together with two heavenly layers of Sargento® Blends™ 4 Cheese Southwest Slices. After being brushed with butter, they're baked until the rolls are golden and the cheese has melted; turning them into a gooey extravaganza.
Easy Cheesy Taco Sliders
My family loves cheese in any and all flavors. If a dish is filled with cheese, sprinkled or stuffed with cheese, it's a given, they'll devour it. They also love tacos so, after browsing the sliced cheese in the dairy aisle at my local grocery store, I was delighted to find this amazing new Sargento Southwestern cheese product. Cheese forms the edible "glue" to keep these South-of-the-border inspired, taco sliders intact.
Helpful Tips for Making Taco Sliders
- For a timesaver, the taco beef filling can be made in advance, then placed into an airtight container and chilled. You could even freeze it if you're planning an upcoming event.
- I like serving these cheesy sliders with assorted toppings so everyone can dress their Taco Sliders to their personal taste.
- They're packed with flavor and you can adapt using pepper jack cheese slices, colby jack or any of your favorite flavors of cheese.
- The cheese provides two layers of ooey gooey melted cheese that makes them irresistible.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Easy Cheesy Taco Sliders
- olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 1 small poblano pepper seeded and diced
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 ¼ lb lean ground beef
- 1 1.25 oz package taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 12 oz mild taco sauce
- 1 15 oz 12-count potato slider rolls sliced though middle
- 16 slices pepper jack OR colby jack cheese
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese optional
- Assorted toppings: shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream, olives for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat a few drizzles of olive oil. Cook diced onion and peppers over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Season with garlic salt.
- Add ground beef to skillet. Continue to cook for 8-10 minutes or until no pink remains. Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- Add taco seasoning, lemon pepper and taco sauce. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix melted butter with ¼ teaspoon of garlic salt. Set aside.
- Separate rolls removing the top from the bottom half. Center bottom halves on baking sheet. Cover with 8 slices of cheese, cutting pieces to fit.
- Spread the taco filling evenly over the cheese. Arrange remaining cheese slices over filling.
- Brush cheese with melted butter. Cover with top half of rolls. Brush tops and sides of rolls with remaining butter. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan, if desired.
- Cover loosely with foil. Bake for 25 minutes then uncover and continue to bake another 5 minutes until the cheese has melted and tops are golden.
- Serve warm with assorted toppings, if desired.
I would eat WAY too many of these!
So good and easy to make
We really love these for weekend football watching days!
This is going to be perfect for my next game night!
This is a new favorite dinner in my house! My whole family loved it!
Such a great, easy way to feed a crowd.
These are SO good! Great flavor and so comforting.
Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes
I’m also a huge fan of cheese and these are awesome!
Making this next game day! Yum!
Oooh, my mouth is watering! These sliders are fabulous!