This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento(®). The opinions and text are all mine.
Whether you’re hosting a homestyle fiesta or entertaining friends on game day, these Easy Cheesy Taco Sliders will be the star of the gathering. To prepare, slider rolls are stuffed with taco seasoned ground beef, then sandwiched together with two heavenly layers of Sargento® Blends™ 4 Cheese Southwest Slices. After being brushed with butter, they’re baked until the rolls are golden and the cheese has melted; turning them into a gooey extravaganza.
Easy Cheesy Taco Sliders
My family loves cheese in any and all flavors. If a dish is filled with cheese, sprinkled or stuffed with cheese, it’s a given, they’ll devour it. They also love tacos so, after browsing the sliced cheese in the dairy aisle at my local Harris Teeter, I was delighted to find this amazing new Sargento cheese product to incorporate into a fun, casual meal. Sargento® Blends™ 4 Cheese Southwest Slices blends the creaminess of Monterey Jack with Chipotle Cheddar, Colby and Pepper Jack cheese all in one 100% real, natural cheese slice, making it the perfect edible “glue” to keep these South-of-the-border inspired, Taco Sliders intact.
- For a timesaver, the taco beef filling can be made in advance, then placed into an airtight container and chilled. You could even freeze it if you’re planning an upcoming event.
- I like serving these cheesy sliders with assorted toppings so everyone can dress their Taco Sliders to their personal taste.
- They’re packed with flavor and the Sargento® Blends™ 4 Cheese Southwest Slices provide two layers of ooey gooey melted cheese that makes them irresistible.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Easy Cheesy Taco Sliders
- olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 1 small poblano pepper seeded and diced
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 1/4 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1.25 oz package taco seasoning
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 12 oz mild taco sauce
- 1 15 oz 12-count potato slider rolls sliced though middle
- 16 slices Sargento® Blends™ 4 Cheese Southwest Slices
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese optional
- Assorted toppings: shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream, olives for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat a few drizzles of olive oil. Cook diced onion and peppers over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Season with garlic salt.
- Add ground beef to skillet. Continue to cook for 8-10 minutes or until no pink remains. Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- Add taco seasoning, lemon pepper and taco sauce. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix melted butter with 1/4 tsp of garlic salt. Set aside.
- Separate rolls removing the top from the bottom half. Center bottom halves on baking sheet. Cover with 8 slices of Sargento® Blends™ 4 Cheese Southwest Slices cutting pieces to fit, if needed.
- Spread the taco filling evenly over the cheese. Arrange remaining 8 slices of Sargento® Blends™ 4 Cheese Southwest Slices over filling.
- Brush cheese with melted butter. Cover with top half of rolls. Brush tops and sides of rolls with remaining butter. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan, if desired.
- Cover loosely with foil. Bake for 25 minutes then uncover and continue to bake another 5 minutes until the cheese has melted and tops are golden.
- Serve warm with assorted toppings, if desired.