These mini Poppy Seed Cheddar Turkey Sliders are a fantastic way to use leftover turkey from the holidays. They're spectacular using Deli turkey, too for year-round treat. To make them, fresh slider rolls are brushed liberally with a sweet and buttery poppy seed glaze then layered with cheddar cheese. Next, comes sliced turkey and whole berry cranberry sauce. After assembling, they're baked until the cheese has melted and the tops are golden. The only hard part about these is, waiting to pull apart and enjoy.
Poppy Seed Cheddar Turkey Sliders
These cheddar turkey sliders are a spin-off of my recipe for Ham and Swiss poppy seed rolls. The combination of the cranberry sauce with the cheddar cheese and turkey gives them a bit of a sweet and salty edge. I serve these turkey sliders throughout the entire holiday season and they're usually one of the first things to go from the appetizer table. They've become sort of a tradition for our holiday eats, much like cheddar sausage balls and a family fave, my beef and cheddar cheeseball. Apparently, we have a thing for cheese. Guilty as charged.
Tips and Tricks for Making Turkey Sliders
- To save time, these rolls can be assembled one day in advance then covered tightly and chilled along with the remaining poppy seed glaze.
- Just before baking uncover and transfer to a baking sheet then brush with the extra glaze. Make sure you grab a couple and set them aside for yourself, they always disappear in a hurry. An alternate plan would be making a double batch but, that's completely up to you.
- Another seasonal treat to enjoy is this Apple Cranberry Turkey Salad from Inside BruCrew Life.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Poppy Seed Cheddar Turkey Sliders
- 1 15 oz package 12-count slider rolls (i.e.. Pepperidge Farms)
- 1 lb thinly sliced roasted turkey
- 16 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup cranberry sauce whole berry or jellied (Your preference)
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 Tbsp grated sweet onion
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a serrated knife cut through the middle of the slider rolls. Place the bottoms side by side on the pan. Set the tops aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt together the softened butter, mustard, honey, poppy seeds, grated onion, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Whisk until fully combined and slightly thickened then remove from the heat.
- Brush the bottoms of the sliced rolls with about ⅓ of the seasoned butter.
- Layer ½ of the cheese on the bottom, then arrange the turkey over the cheese. Break cheese slices when needed to fit.
- Spread the turkey with cranberry sauce.
- Top with the final layer of cheese. Brush liberally with butter mixture.
- Place the tops over the cheese.
- Brush the remaining seasoned butter on the top and all sides.
- Cover loosely with foil. Bake covered for 20 minutes then uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the tops are lightly golden.
- Cut apart and serve immediately with additional cranberry sauce, if desired.