This post brought to you by Taste of Home and Kings Hawaiian
These too cute to be scary little Monster Meatball Sliders are the perfect snacks for your tiny characters to snack on this Halloween.
Easy Monster Meatball Sliders Recipe
This time of year brings out the whimsy in all of us. The beautiful changing leaves, cool breeze and everywhere you look you see pumpkins galore. All are subtle reminders that the holidays aren't very far away. To most kids, this time of year brings about dreaming of the fun they'll have going door to door dressed as their favorite characters and collecting candy from friends and family. Food is the last thing on their minds.
How to Make the Best Monster Meatball Sliders Recipe
I'd like to show you how you can host a creative feast for your cute little monsters giving them something to eat before they head out to collect and indulge on all things sweet. Kids always enjoy craft projects and this is one they get to eat when they're finished. It's a low stress and fun way to start your evening and the adults will love it, too.
- Ingredients you'll need to make delicious Monster Meatball Sliders: Frozen premade meatballs are a wonderful shortcut for making these sliders. Choose tour favorite flavor and brand. You'll also need a variety of olives, pickles, cheese slices in a variety of flavors , pizza or marinara sauce, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, mini pepperoni and pickled peppers or pepperoncini for make mouths and hair.
- Set up your kitchen table as a station with edible ingredients for them to create their own little monster meatball sliders.
- Encourage kids to use things like ripe and green olives or cherry tomatoes for the eyes and lettuce or stringy pickled peppers for hair. Cheese can also be turned into a mouth and the kids can use cookie cutters to make them into any shape they want. They'll love using delicious Kings Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls for the bread.
- Kids love eating things they've made themselves and these little slider rolls fit into tiny hands perfectly.
- Store any leftover Monster Meatball Sliders in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Easy Sliders Recipes to Make
- You may also like to try these Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders made on Hawaiian sweet rolls and these Easy Caramel Pecan Sweet Rolls that require no breadmaking at all.
- Skip the tortillas and serve these Easy Cheesy Taco Sliders, instead.
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders are great for casual meals and snacking.
- Sloppy Joe Pizza Sliders are ooey gooey good.
- You may also like this recipe for Homemade Slider Buns from Jo Cook's.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Disclosure: This post originally sponsored by Taste of Home and Kings Hawaiian. The text and opinions are mine.
Monster Meatball Sliders
- 1 48 oz package frozen Italian meatballs
- 2 12 oz packages Kings Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1 24 oz 24 oz jar marinara sauce, warmed
- 24 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 10 oz jar banana pepper rings
- 1 10 oz jar pimento stuffed green olives
- 1 4 oz can sliced or halved black olives
- 1 5 oz package pepperoni minis
- Green leaf lettuce
- Curly parsley
- Cookie cutters in various shapes
- Black table cloth and assorted decorations
- Disposable plates flatware and cups
- Prepare the meatballs in the oven per the package directions.
- Warm the King's Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls and marinara sauce.
- Set-up the ingredients and tools with a few examples of what they may create.
- Provide an assortment of kooky cookie cutters and tell them their "monster" doesn't have to make sense they can create something brand new. Encourage them to use their imaginations and have fun. Use fun shaped cookie cutters to cut shapes in the cheese slices.
- Using 2 meatballs per slider drizzle with marinara sauce then allow each person to create their own personalized monster sliders using the toppings provided to create eyes, ears, hair, beards and mustaches. Secure with toothpicks.
- Take lots of pictures and give a prize to the most creative monster of the night. Then advise everyone not to forget to remove the toothpicks, eat and enjoy!
Leave a Reply