This Chili Spaghetti recipe falls into the category of tummy filling meals that won't break the bank. The simple ingredients start with lean ground beef and light red kidney beans all smothered in a robust homemade chili sauce. After cooking until the flavors have perfectly married, the chili is then tossed with steamy al dente spaghetti. Top it off with a heaping helping of cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream and for the finishing touch a sprinkling of sliced green onion for crunch.
Chili Spaghetti Recipe
This chili spaghetti is one I serve when I have a crew to fill-up on a dime, or on a day when my boys are watching sports and entertaining. It's a tasty, albeit subtle, change to a straight-up bowl of chili. When you have growing sons, keeping them full can be a challenge, and there's nothing I love more than a house full of them and their friends wanting something to eat. Hungry eaters are my favorite kind of people to have around the kitchen table, I'm always delighted to oblige.
Tips for Making Chili Spaghetti
- To save time, the chili can be prepared in advance then warmed and tossed with the cooked spaghetti just before serving.
- To get everyone involved, set-up a toppings bar with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, green onion, pickled jalapenos, cilantro and sliced black olives then let everyone build their own personal masterpiece.
- This dish is delicious served with a piece of warm buttered Green Chile Cheddar Cornbread or sweet Skillet Honey Cornbread.
Serve this kickin' spaghetti on game day or any day that you need delicious family friendly eats. You may also like to make my Chili Cheese Cornbread Muffins or Chili Cheese Frito Pie ideal for dinner any day of the week. Also, checkout this recipe for Bill's Chili from Cupcakes and Kale Chips.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 medium poblano pepper seeded and diced
- Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely diced
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 10 oz cans Rotel Chili Fixin's seasoned tomatoes
- 1 16 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 16 oz can light red kidney beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp dark chili powder
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp garlic salt add more or less to taste
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti cooked
- Assorted toppings: shredded cheddar cheese sour cream, sliced green onion, pickled jalapenos, cilantro, sliced black olives
- Drizzle a large skillet with olive oil. Add the diced onion and poblano pepper. cooking over medium-high heat until softened and beginning to brown. Add the garlic cooking for 1 minute longer.
- Add the ground beef to the pan. Continue to cook over medium-high until browned and no pink remains. Drain all excess fat from the pan.
- To the skillet add the seasoned tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, garlic salt and lemon pepper with the cooked beef. Stir well.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- To serve, toss half of the chili with the cooked spaghetti. Divide into serving bowls and top with additional chili then finish with your favorite toppings.