Chili Cheese Corn Dog Muffins combine all that we love about classic corn dogs smothered with beefy bean chili, sour cream and cheddar cheese. It's everything we love about corn dogs without the hassle of frying.
Skip The Frying These Chili Cheese Corn Dog Muffins Are Baked
Do you love corn dogs but dislike the idea of frying them? I'm convinced that's why corn dogs are such a popular feature at street fairs and amusement parks nationwide. There's also the fact that we seem to love anything on a stick making them portable. These delicious corn dog muffins are easier to make taking the frying element out of the preparation equation but keeping the flavor combination we all love. In an effort to turn these muffins into a main course I have started serving them smothered with chili, shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream. What do I serve along with them? A side of my homestyle cole slaw is my family's favorite as well as a side of roasted Mexican corn to round out the meal.
Homemade Chili Or Store Bought?
I typically make a big batch of chili then freeze in smaller portions for future meals. If you're fortunate to have some homemade leftover chili in the freezer, you'll be set. If not, no worries a quality store bought version will suffice. It's a timesaver that will make these chili cheese corn dog muffins even simpler to prepare. Toss the batter ingredients into a mixing bowl then whisk until fully moistened. By hand mix in the sliced hot dogs and shredded cheese.When separating the cornbread batter, I always grab my four ounce ice cream scoop to divide the batter evenly in the cups of a standard muffin tin. Top with additional shredded cheese and bake until golden and puffed-up. Smother with warm chili, sour cream and a sprinkle of green onion and call it a meal.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chili Cheese Corn Dog Muffins
- 2 [7.5] oz packages sweet yellow corn muffin mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1  oz package beef hot dogs sliced
- 2 ½ cup shredded colby-jack cheese divided
- 2 cup prepared chili with beans warmed
- 1  oz sour cream
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside
- Mix together the corn muffin mix, milk, egg, vegetable oil, onion and garlic powder until fully moistened
- By hand stir in the sliced hot dogs and 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Use a 4 oz ice cream scoop to divide the batter into the muffin tin then sprinkle the tops with additional shredded cheese. Reserve enough shredded cheese for serving.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center shows moist crumbs.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen.
- To assemble, top with chili, shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream and garnish with green onion. Serve immediately.