Chili Cheese Corn Dog Muffins combine all that we love about classic corn dogs smothered with beefy bean chili, a dollop of sour cream and cheese. It’s everything we love about corn dogs without the hassle of frying.
Easy Chili Cheese Corn Dog Muffins Recipe
Do you love corn dogs but dislike the idea of frying them? I’m convinced that’s why corn dogs are such a popular feature at street fairs and amusement parks nationwide. There’s also the fact that we seem to love anything on a stick making them portable. These delicious corn dog muffins are easier to make taking the frying element out of the preparation equation but keeping the flavor combination we all love. In an effort to turn these muffins into a main course I have started serving them smothered with chili, shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream. What do I serve along with them? A side of my homestyle cole slaw is my family’s favorite as well as a side of roasted Mexican corn to round out the meal.
How to Make the Best Chili Cheese Corn Dog Muffins
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Chili Cheese Corn Dog Muffins: Two packages corn muffin mix, milk (or buttermilk) large eggs, vegetable oil garlic powder, onion powder to prepare. You’ll also need hot dogs (use your favorite brand), shredded colby jack or cheddar cheese, prepared chili, sour cream and sliced green onions for serving.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A medium bowl, whisk, measuring cups and spoons, rubber spatula for mixing, sharp knife and cutting board, standard size cupcake pan and cheese grater.
- To make the batter, toss together the corn muffin mix with oil, eggs, onion powder and granulated garlic with whole milk or buttermilk. By hand mix in the sliced hot dogs and shredded cheese. Mix with a large rubber spatula until fully moistened.
- When separating the cornbread batter, I always grab my standard size ice cream scoop to divide the batter evenly in the cups of a standard muffin pan. You could also use a measuring cup or Tablespoons. Fill the wells of the pan about 2/3 full.
- Top each batter filled cup with additional shredded cheese and bake until golden and puffed-up.
- To serve corn dog muffins, smother with warm chili, a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of green onions and call it a meal.
- Homemade Chili Or Store Bought? I typically make a big batch of my Chili with Beans then freeze it in smaller portions for future meals. If you’re fortunate to have some homemade leftover chili in the freezer, you’ll be set. If not, no worries a quality store bought version will suffice. It’s a timesaver that will make these chili cheese corn dog muffins even simpler to prepare.
- Store Corn Dog Muffins wrapped in aluminum foil or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat in single servings in the microwave.
More Easy Southern Cornbread Recipes to Make
- Chili Chorizo Cornbread is flavor packed.
- Hot Water Cornbread only requires 4 ingredients to make.
- Cheddar Bacon Jalapeno Cornbread Loaf is a recipe that I developed for Martha White98-.
- These Easy Cornbread Muffins are baked in a muffin pan for individual servings.
- Old fashioned Crackling Cornbread.
- You can serve this Cornbread Quiche at any meal.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chili Cheese Corn Dog Muffins
- 2 7.5 oz packages sweet yellow corn muffin mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 16 oz package beef hot dogs sliced
- 2 1/2 cup shredded colby-jack cheese divided
- 2 cup prepared chili with beans warmed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 medium green onions thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside
- Mix together the corn muffin mix, milk, egg, vegetable oil, onion and garlic powder until fully moistened
- By hand stir in the sliced hot dogs and 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Use a 4 oz ice cream scoop to divide the batter into the muffin tin then sprinkle the tops with additional shredded cheese. Reserve enough shredded cheese for serving.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center shows moist crumbs.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen.
- To assemble, top with chili, shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream and garnish with green onion. Serve immediately.