Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a fun twist on the classic banana bread that we all love. Filling the batter with chocolate chips, elevates it a bit, for a delicious end result.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Banana bread has to be the most popular sweet bread. It has so many variations, and I’m constantly changing-up the original myself. Banana pudding bread, chocolate banana bread and Reese’s peanut butter banana bread or cinnamon banana bread with pecans and toffee chips just to name a few. It’s just so much fun using pantry ingredients to make a fresh loaf and nothing goes to waste. That’s a win in my book.
Tips for Making Banana Bread
- The more ripe the bananas, the better.
- I use a large 10 inch loaf pan for this recipe. If you don’t have a pan that large, you may divide between two 8 inch pans or make several mini loaves. The baking time will need adjusting depending on the size. Smaller loaves will take less time to bake.
- Always test the center of any sweet bread or cake with a toothpick or a cake tester before removing from the oven. Adjust according to how your appliance performs.
- You may use 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup toasted nuts, if preferred.
- You can store this banana bread in an airtight container chilled or at room temperature.
- To freeze, cool completely, wrap in freezer safe wrap and freeze for up to 1 month.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 medium ripe bananas (To equal 1 1/2 cups) mashed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour cream
- 4 Tbsp salted or unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 12 oz package semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray one large 10 x 5-inch loaf pan or two standard 8 x 4-inch loaf pans with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl using a whisk, sift together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together banana, buttermilk, butter, vanilla and eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients mixing with a large non stick spatula or spoon, until fully combined. Mix chocolate chips into the batter until evenly distributed. (You may reserve 1/4 cup to sprinkle on top, if desired)
- Pour batter evenly into pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes for a large 10 inch loaf pan or 40-45 minutes for two medium-size loaf pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes back clean.
- Cool in loaf pan for 10 minutes then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container chilled or at room temperature.