This Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread recipe will elevate classic pumpkin bread for the chocolate lovers in your life. Serve it warm, room temperature or chilled with a cup of coffee or hot tea for an any time treat.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
While pureed pumpkin is available year-round in grocery stores and markets it reaches its pinnacle of popularity during fall pumpkin season. I think the season is way too short and I am forever looking for ways to enjoy pumpkin in any form. How do you make Pumpkin Bread? It’s easy!
- Begin by creaming together butter with white sugar and light brown sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time then add pumpkin puree, vanilla and vegetable oil.
- In a separate bowl, use a whisk to sift together all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt with pumpkin pie spice for added flavor.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and gradually beat the dry ingredients into the wet until well blended. You’ll need to fold the chocolate chips into the batter by hand.
- Divide the batter between two loaf pans and bake per the recipe.
- Enjoy a slice of Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread at room temperature, warm or chilled.
How to Make the BEST Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread: All purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, pureed pumpkin, butter, granulated sugar light brown sugar, vanilla extract, large eggs and vegetable oil.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A hand mixer or a stand mixer, medium bowl, large bowl, measuring cups and spoons, whisk, two 8 x 4 or 9 x 5 inch loaf pans, cooling rack and large spoon or silicone spatula to mix the chocolate chips into the batter.
- This recipe will make two loaves of pumpkin bread or six mini loaves. Mini loaves will bake much more quickly so check around 20 minutes for doneness and adjust the time from there.
- When making pumpkin bread, you should always check the center with a cake tester or toothpick to be certain its baked all the way through. It’s the same process as when baking a cake.
- You can serve this pumpkin bread with or without butter, softened cream cheese spread, copycat Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Butter, Maple Cinnamon Butter or as a dessert with whipped cream.
- You can use milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips or semi sweet chocolate chips in this recipe.
- You can replace the chocolate chips with chopped walnuts or pecans using the same amount. You could use both chocolate chips and nuts, too.
- Store Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread in an airtight container chilled for upto 4 days.
- Cool and wrap baked loaves of this easy pumpkin bread and freeze it for up 3 months.
More Pumpkin Recipes to Make
- Roast your own pumpkin for making Pumpkin Puree.
- Treat the family to Pumpkin French Toast for brunch.
- Enjoy a big bowl of Pumpkin Pie Crumble with vanilla ice cream for dessert.
- Save money and time and make your own Pumpkin Spice Latte at home.
- Mini Pumpkin Pies are made in a cupcake pan for individual servings.
- This Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Trifle will make a stunning addition to your holiday table.
- Pumpkin Brownies via Love From the Oven.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips divided use
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two nonstick 9 X 5 loaf pans with baking spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside. (You can also use two 8 x 4 inch pans)
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light beige in color and fully combined.
- To the bowl add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin, oil and vanilla beating until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, use a whisk to sift together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and gradually add sifted dry ingredients to the wet ingredients mixing until combined. Add 1 3/4 cups chocolate chips. Fold into the batter by hand until evenly distributed.
- Divide batter between loaf pans. Sprinkle tops evenly with reserved chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes back clean. (Check at 40 minutes and lay foil on top to prevent over browning, if needed)
- Cool in the pans for 20 minutes then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store chilled in an airtight container for up to 4 days or cool, wrap and freeze for up to 3 months.