This Pumpkin Pie Crumble combines the best of two classic fall desserts. The creamy pumpkin pie filling, topped with a crisp buttery oat crumble, is nothing short of autumn glory. Serve it alone or, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
Pumpkin Pie Crumble
Apples, pumpkins, pears and cranberries encapsulate everything to love about fall flavors. For me, apple season can only be eclipsed by pumpkin season. The small window when these goodies are traditionally enjoyed is way too short, if you ask me. Fill the house with the aroma of fresh baked pumpkin bread, cranberry butter cake, or cream cheese filled pumpkin roll and watch the family come running to the kitchen.
Tips for Making Pumpkin Pie Crumble
- I utilize canned pumpkin for this recipe but, you can make your own pumpkin puree, if you're feeling resourceful.
- If you'd like to add ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts to the crumb topping, you can without any other adjustments.
- To save time, the filling can be prepared in advance and poured into the baking dish. Cover and store chilled thn, top with the crumb topping just before baking.
- You can use either quick cooking or old fashioned oats for the topping, I don't recommend using instant oats.
- For the most well-rounded flavor, pumpkin pie spice is the best to use for the filling. It's abundant in the fall, and the combination of spice is simply delicious.
- Enjoy this crumble as is, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
- If you'd like to make your own, see how to make whipped cream here on Spend with Pennies.
Other Fall Desserts to Try
Checkout more desserts in the MSSK Recipe Index. A sample of what you'll find:
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pumpkin Pie Crumble
- 2 15 oz cans pumpkin puree
- 2 cups heavy cream or half and half
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick cooking or old fashioned oats (not instant)
- 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- ½ cup cold salted butter cubed
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together pumpkin, cream, granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, eggs and vanilla. Beat for 1-2 minutes just until fully combined. Spread evenly into dish.
- Topping: In a separate bowl, toss together oats, brown sugar and flour. Cut butter into mixture using 2 knives, a pastry blender or a mixer on low speed, until it resembles peas. Sprinkle evenly over filling.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until set. The center should show slight movement when gently shaken.
- Let stand for 20-30 minutes then serve warm, topped with ice cream or whipped cream.