This Pumpkin Pie Crumble combines the best of two classic fall desserts. The creamy pumpkin pie filling, topped with a crisp buttery oat crumble, is nothing short of autumn glory. Serve it alone or, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
Easy Pumpkin Pie Crumble Recipe
Apples, pumpkins, pears and cranberries encapsulate everything to love about fall flavors. For me, apple season can only be eclipsed by pumpkin season. The small window when these goodies are traditionally enjoyed is way too short, if you ask me. Fill the house with the aroma of fresh baked pumpkin bread, cranberry butter cake, or cream cheese filled pumpkin roll and watch the family come running to the kitchen. To make easy Pumpkin Pie Crumble:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Set aside. You can use a ceramic dish, glass dish or non stick metal pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together pumpkin, cream, granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, eggs and vanilla. Beat for 1-2 minutes just until fully combined. Spread evenly into dish. It’s best to use a mixer to make sure the ingredients whip until smooth.
- To Make the Oatmeal Crumb Topping: In a separate bowl, toss together oats, brown sugar and flour. Cut butter into mixture using 2 knives, a pastry blender or a mixer on low speed, until it resembles peas. Sprinkle evenly over filling. A pastry blender makes light work of this step.
- Bake the pumpkin pie crumble for 40-50 minutes until set. The center should show slight movement when gently shaken.
- Let stand for 20-30 minutes then serve warm, topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
How to Make the Best Pumpkin Pie Crumble Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Pumpkin Pie Crumble: Canned pumpkin puree, heavy cream, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, all purpose flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice, large eggs and vanilla extract.
- For the crumb topping you’ll need: Quick cooking or old fashioned oats, all purpose flour, pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon and cold butter that’s been cubed.
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need: Mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, a hand mixer or a stand mixer, a pastry blender or food processor to cut the butter into the ingredients for the crumb topping and a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- I utilize canned pumpkin for this recipe, but you can make your own pumpkin puree, if you’re feeling resourceful.
- If you’d like to add 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts to the crumb topping, you can without any other adjustments.
- To save time, the filling can be prepared in advance and poured into the baking dish. Cover and store chilled then top with the crumb topping just before baking.
- You can use either quick cooking or old fashioned oats for the topping, I don’t recommend using instant oats.
- For the most well-rounded flavor, pumpkin pie spice is the best to use for the filling. It’s abundant in the fall, and the combination of spice is simply delicious.
- Enjoy this crumble as is, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
- Store leftover Pumpkin Pie Crumble chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in single servings in the microwave.
More Southern Style Fall Dessert Recipes to Make
If you love this Pumpkin Pie Crumble recipe don’t miss out on more pumpkin desserts found in the MSSK Recipe Index. More dessert recipes you may like to try:
- Caramel Apple Poke Cake is a cake mix hack that’s filled with the flavors of fall.
- Pumpkin Spice Fudge is a fun flavor to enjoy for Harvest events and gatherings.
- Autumn Spiced Buttermilk Pie is a spinoff of a Southern classic and it doesn’t disappoint.
- These individual size Mini Pumpkin Pies will make a delicious addition to you fall party menu.
- Homemade cream cheese frosted Pumpkin Pecan Cookies.
- Start your day with this Pumpkin French Toast.
- My Pumpkin Spice Butter Cake is topped with whipped cream and drizzled with a bourbon praline sauce.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pumpkin Pie Crumble
- 2 15 oz cans pumpkin puree
- 2 cups heavy cream or half and half
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick cooking or old fashioned oats (not instant)
- 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold salted butter cubed
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together pumpkin, cream, granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, eggs and vanilla. Beat for 1-2 minutes just until fully combined. Spread evenly into dish.
- Topping: In a separate bowl, toss together oats, brown sugar and flour. Cut butter into mixture using 2 knives, a pastry blender or a mixer on low speed, until it resembles peas. Sprinkle evenly over filling.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until set. The center should show slight movement when gently shaken.
- Let stand for 20-30 minutes then serve warm, topped with ice cream or whipped cream.