February 24, 2016 updated August 11, 2021
These chewy no bake Chocolate Coconut Toffee bars are ideal for a quick treat or party. They’re filled with coconut, milk chocolate chips and buttery toffee which gives them a unique taste and texture all their own. Make a pan full and watch them disappear into thin air.
Easy Chocolate Coconut Toffee Bars Recipe
The basis of these no bake toffee bars was inspired by an icebox “cake” made by my Granma Vera. It was a family tradition every Christmas and one of the family recipes that I shared in my best-selling cookbook released in 2016. It’s so good and incredibly easy to make and this variation was born out of our love for this flavor combination. They’re truly delicious and super simple to make, they may even cure what ails ya.
How to Make the Best No Bake Chocolate Coconut Toffee Bars Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Chocolate Coconut Toffee Bars: Graham cracker crumbs, flaked coconut, chocolate covered toffee bits, milk chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Food processor, measuring cups and spoons, large bowl, small bowl, 13 x 9 inch baking pan, 2 quart heavy bottomed saucepan, non stick spoon or rubber spatula for stirring,
- For this recipe, you do toast the coconut in the oven for added depth of flavor. Otherwise, these bars are no bake.
- It’s important to note that this recipe uses sweetened condensed milk not evaporated milk. They aren’t interchangeable in recipes and evaporated milk won’t work for these toffee bars.
- This recipe calls for chocolate coated English toffee bits. If you prefer, you can also use bits-o-brickle which isn’t chocolate coated. Both feature the toffee flavor needed for this recipe.
- When melting the marshmallows with the sweetened condensed milk and butter, don’t walk away. It’s a sweet mixture so it needs to be stirred it constantly to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Once the melted ingredients are added to the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl it’s important that you work quickly mixing it all together. It begins to set up fast much like rice krispies treats, if you’ve ever made a batch of those from scratch. It’s just the nature of this sort of dessert bar.
- Spray your hands with cooking spray or use a piece of wax paper to press the mixture evenly into the pan. This will help prevent it from sticking to your hands.
- These chewy bars can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to one week.
More No Bake Dessert Recipes to Make
Whether you’re pressed for time, not in the mood to turn on the oven or not inclined to bake, these desserts will fit the bill.
- No Bake Triple Berry Icebox Pie with a triple berry combination perfect for Patriotic parties.
- No Bake Lemon Bliss Cheesecake is simple to assemble and needs chill time to set-up.
- Crunchy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are a true indulgence that kids of all ages love.
- No Bake Fluffy Cherry Cheesecake a vintage dessert that was always on our holiday dessert table and continues to be served today.
- Fruit Kabobs from Lil’ Luna
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Coconut Toffee Bars
- 4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 14 oz package sweetened flaked coconut divided
- 1 8 oz package milk chocolate toffee bits
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 16 oz package mini marshmallows
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 1 12 oz package milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spread 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut in a single layer. Roast in the oven, stirring often until golden around 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Spray a metal non stick 13 x 9-inch rimmed pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the graham cracker crumbs, remaining coconut, milk chocolate toffee bits and milk chocolate chips.
- On the stovetop in a heavy bottomed saucepan melt together the mini marshmallows, sweetened condensed milk and butter. Heat over medium until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Pour into the mixing bowl. Use a large spoon or spatula working quickly to mix until combined. Press evenly into the pan.
- To make topping: In a microwave safe bowl, melt together the milk chocolate chips and heavy cream, heating in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth.
- Spread the melted milk chocolate over the bars and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Chill completely then cut into bars.