Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars – Sweet and salty flavors are forever a favorite of my kids so I’m constantly looking for inspiration to create the next cookie bar superstar. I came across this from Nestle and fell in love. Any sweet no bake, sweet and salty treat that includes with chocolate and peanut butter is a no brainer I was compelled to give it a try. We loved it with just a couple of tweeks and I wanted to share it with you as well.
The original recipe calls for this to be made in a 9 x 13-inch pan. While it certainly works that way, I felt it was a bit thin. I prefer making it in a 9 x 9 inch baking pan, and in my opinion it’s the best.
It’s also very important to give these bars tine to set-up before you attempt to cut them. Take the time to chill them thoroughly and store chilled. They hold together better and cut into prettier pieces as well. I love that it’s so easy, no bake and made with pantry staples. That makes it even sweeter when it’s requested by my sons.
Recipe adapted from Very Best Baking
- 2 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 2 cup powdered sugar, divided
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3½ cup roughly chopped pretzels, divided
- 1 (12) oz semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
- ½ cup roughly chopped dry roasted peanuts
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together 1¼ cup peanut butter, 1 cup powder sugar, 1½ sticks softened butter and vanilla until smooth.
- By hand mix in 3 cup chopped pretzels, 1 cup powdered sugar and ½ cup chocolate chips. Stir until fully moistened.
- Line a 9 x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Press the mixture evenly into the pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the remaining chocolate chips and ¾ cup peanut butter. Stir until completely smooth. Pour over the pretzel bars and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining ½ cup broken pretzels and chopped peanuts.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to set.
- Cut into squares and serve. Store chilled.