Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars – Sweet and salty flavors are forever a favorite of my kids so I’m constantly looking for inspiration to create the next cookie bar superstar. I came across this from Nestle and fell in love. Any sweet no bake, sweet and salty treat that includes with chocolate and peanut butter is a no brainer I was compelled to give it a try. We loved it with just a couple of tweeks and I wanted to share it with you as well.
The original recipe calls for this to be made in a 9 x 13-inch pan. While it certainly works that way, I felt it was a bit thin. I prefer making it in a 9 x 9 inch baking pan, and in my opinion it’s the best.
It’s also very important to give these bars tine to set-up before you attempt to cut them. Take the time to chill them thoroughly and store chilled. They hold together better and cut into prettier pieces as well. I love that it’s so easy, no bake and made with pantry staples. That makes it even sweeter when it’s requested by my sons.
Recipe adapted from Very Best Baking
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
- 2 cup creamy peanut butter divided
- 2 cup powdered sugar divided
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cup roughly chopped pretzels divided
- 1 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped dry roasted peanuts
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together 1 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1 cup powder sugar, 1 1/2 sticks softened butter and vanilla until smooth.
- By hand mix in 3 cup chopped pretzels, 1 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Stir until fully moistened.
- Line a 9 x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Press the mixture evenly into the pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the remaining chocolate chips and 3/4 cup peanut butter. Stir until completely smooth. Pour over the pretzel bars and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/2 cup broken pretzels and chopped peanuts.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to set.
- Cut into squares and serve. Store chilled.