Sponsored – These Chocolate Fudge Bars were first featured by my friends over at Martha White and on their website they’re called “Sakes Alive” Chocolate Fudge Bars. Layers of brown sugar, oats, nuts and a unique use for chocolate chip muffin mix these chocolate fudge bars have it all. The name caught my eye but oh the taste just makes you want to jump up and say “Sakes alive!” For those of you who may not be familiar with this Southern saying it’s another way of saying “For goodness sake” an emphatic “Oh my” or “Wow!” One bite of these chocolate fudge bars and you’ll understand how they earned their name. Finger licking is to be expected.
I also have fantastic news for you from Martha White. Martha White has been a long time partner of country music and the CMA’s. This year they’re giving YOU a chance to be a part of the action. You have until September 30th to enter for the chance to win a trip for two to Nashville, TN, to attend the 2016 CMA Awards live on November 2nd! Four winners and their guests will have the chance to see some of their favorite country music performers in person with this sweet prize from Martha White®. So, whatcha waiting on? Make these delicious “Sakes alive” chocolate fudge bars and hop over and throw your hat in the ring for a chance to visit the country music event of the year!
Enter for a chance to win a trip to the CMA Awards here
Original recipe credit here on Martha White
Chocolate Fudge Bars
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 7.4 oz packages Martha White® Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 14 oz. can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 12 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips, (2 cups)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- HEAT oven to 350º F. Coat a 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray. Beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and egg.
- STIR in muffin mix. Stir in oats until well blended. Reserve one cup of mixture. Set aside. Pat remaining mixture into prepared pan with oiled hands.
- COMBINE condensed milk and chocolate chips in medium saucepan. Cook over low heat until chocolate is melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in walnuts. Quickly spread evenly over muffin mixture covering completely to edge of pan. Drop reserved oat mixture by teaspoonfuls over chocolate mixture. Spread slightly.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of White Lily Flour. Thank you for being supportive and allowing me to share the brands with you that I care about and enjoy.
See it at The Weekend Potluck here