This post brought to you by Martha White®
These Chocolate Fudge Bars are filled with chocolate chips, brown sugar, oats and walnuts and are a unique use for chocolate chip muffin mix. They were first developed by my Partners at Martha White, and on their website they’re called “Sakes Alive” Chocolate Fudge Bars. The name is eye catching but, the taste just makes you want to jump up and say “sakes alive!”
Chocolate Fudge Bars
When I first put this post together some time ago, it was in celebration of a Martha White trip giveaway. Martha White. has been a long time partner of country music and the CMA’s and they were hosting a trip giveaway.While the contest is long over, the deliciousness of these irresistible fudgy cookie bars remain. They’re ideal for adding to your holiday baking plans along with Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars and Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars.
Fudgy Cookie Bars are Designed for Sharing
For those of you who may not be familiar with this Southern saying it’s another way of saying “for goodness sake.” It’s also similar to saying an emphatic “oh my” or “wow.” One bite of these chocolate fudge bars and you’ll understand how they earned their name, these fudgy delights have it all. So, whatcha waiting on? Whip-up a batch of these delicious “sakes alive” chocolate fudge bars and hop over and share a few with your friends.
Original recipe credit here on Martha White
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Martha White® Thank you for being supportive and allowing me to share the brands with you that I enjoy.
Chocolate Fudge Bars
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 7.4 oz packages Martha White® Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 14 oz can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips, (2 cups)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- HEAT oven to 350º F. Coat a 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray. Beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and egg.
- STIR in muffin mix. Stir in oats until well blended. Reserve one cup of mixture. Set aside. Pat remaining mixture into prepared pan with oiled hands.
- COMBINE condensed milk and chocolate chips in medium saucepan. Cook over low heat until chocolate is melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in walnuts. Quickly spread evenly over muffin mixture covering completely to edge of pan. Drop reserved oat mixture by teaspoonfuls over chocolate mixture. Spread slightly.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into bars.