This puffy golden Chorizo Breakfast Bubble Bake starts with frozen dinner rolls only adding to the ease of preparation. After baking it turns into a puffed-up heavenly combination of chorizo, eggs, bread and cheese that's certain to kick start your day.
Chorizo Breakfast Bubble Bake
This bubble up casserole is one of those dishes that can made in advance then baked when you're ready to eat. It's super convenient for weekends or holiday brunch meals when you need to prep things in advance. The rolls are cubed and smothered with a flavorful homemade custard filled with spicy chorizo sausage, peppers, pepper jack cheese and the perfect blend of seasonings. It bakes puffed and golden turning into a feast for the eyes and senses.
Chorizo Bubble Bake Adds Versatility to the Menu
I've served this casserole for breakfast and brunch with a fresh fruit compote and muffins on the side. You can also enjoy this bubble up for dinner with soup and a salad to round out the meal.
- If you prefer a little less spice, this recipe can also be made with a milder breakfast sausage or even sweet Italian sausage if you're so inclined.
- The cheese blend can also be adapted to your taste or what you have handy in your cheese drawer.
- This bubble bake is not only hearty and filling but, it's an impressive breakfast bake for special occasion gatherings and meals.
- This recipe is designed to be made in advance. Allow at least 4 hours chill time or overnight before baking.
- Another recipe featuring chorizo you may like to try are these Chicken Chorizo Meatballs from Belly Full.
Other Brunch Bakes to Add to the Menu
You may also like to try these family pleasing recipes:
- Ham and Cheese Hash Brown Brunch Bake
- Bacon Egg and Cheese Brunch Bread
- Creole Andouille Rice Brunch Bake
- Ham and Swiss Brunch Delight
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chorizo Breakfast Bubble Bake
- 1 lb fresh chorizo sausage casings removed
- 10 frozen yeast rolls thawed but still cold quartered [i.e. Rhodes]
- 3 medium green onion thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese divided
- 1 4 oz can chopped fire roasted green chilies drained
- 12 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup light cream or half and half
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spritz a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside. Quarter the rolls and arrange in a single layer on the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium size skillet over medium-high heat, cook the chorizo sausage until no pink remains. Drain all but 1 Tbsp of drippings from the pan.
- Cook the green onion and red bell pepper in the drippings for 3-4 minutes until softened. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Sprinkle the cooked chorizo over the quartered rolls and sprinkle with ½ of the shredded cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, and seasonings. Add the cooked onion and peppers and drained green chilies.
- Pour evenly into the dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining pepper-jack cheese.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature. Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden and puffy and a toothpick inserted into the center comes back with moist crumbs.