Pasta salads like this Cobb Macaroni Salad can be served as a side dish or as a light meal. In fact, I love serving this on a bed of mixed salad greens as a main dish. My family sees this sitting in the fridge and it magically becomes a quick meal or between meal snack. So, is it versatile? Yes. Delicious? Absolutely!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cobb Macaroni Salad
- 1  oz jumbo elbow macaroni [i.e. Mueller's]
- 1 [0.4] oz package dry Buttermilk Ranch Dressing mix [i.e. Hidden Valley]
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cup rotisserie chicken cubed
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium purple onion chopped
- 4 oz bleu cheese crumbles
- 3 large hard boiled eggs peeled, diced or quartered
- 4 green onion thinly sliced
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 medium avocados peeled and cubed
- Cook the pasta in salted water per the directions until al dente. Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry buttermilk ranch dressing, 1 cup mayo and 1 1/2 cup buttermilk. Set aside. [See Notes]
- Mix the drained pasta with the dressing, cubed chicken, crumbled bacon, cherry tomatoes, chopped purple onion, diced eggs, bleu cheese crumbles and green onion. Save some bleu cheese, bacon and green onion for garnishing. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper to your taste.
- Chill thoroughly. Add the diced avocado just before serving. Serves: Main dish [6-8] Side dish