Chicken and Bacon Ranch-A-Roni
Chicken Bacon and Macaroni and Cheese
One night while we were eating dinner, my son asked if he could put ranch dressing on his macaroni and cheese. It was probably the only thing left that he hadn't tried dipping in ranch. So, after a good laugh and a lengthy conversation about why that wouldn't be a very good idea, he finally relented. Not wanting to give up completely he went on to ask if next time I made macaroni and cheese I could figure out a way to include ranch dressing in his. Honestly, the thought had never crossed my mind but, after some thought I came up with this dish. He gave it two thumbs up.
Tips for Making Ranch-A-Roni
- This dish can be fully assembled in advance, covered and chilled until baking.
- When doing so, wait to add the french fried onion until just before baking.
- I used Fresh Gourmet brand french fried onions in this recipe. In my local market, they're usually located in the Produce department. You can use any brand that you enjoy.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken And Bacon Ranch-A-Roni
- 1 8 oz box uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 10 ¾ oz can cream of onion soup
- ½ cup melted butter or light butter
- 1 8 oz container sour cream
- ½ cup real mayonnaise
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 0.4 oz packet dry buttermilk ranch dressing mix
- black pepper to taste
- 3 cups chopped roasted chicken
- ⅔ cup frozen petite peas
- 4 green onions chopped
- ½ lb bacon cooked & crumbled
- 2 cups shredded sharp white or yellow cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup garlic-pepper french fried onions i.e. Fresh Gourmet or similar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook macaroni in salted water per the instructions on the package, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together soup, butter, sour cream, mayonnaise, milk and dressing mix. Season to taste with black pepper. To the mixing bowl add chicken, peas, green onions and crumbled bacon.
- Drain the pasta well then add to mixing bowl. Stir until evenly coated. Add one cup cheese.
- Pour into the baking dish, then sprinkle with the reserved shredded cheese and garlic-pepper french fried onions.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until bubbly and golden.
- Serve immediately.