This Coconut Cream Cake Pan Trifle is filled with homemade vanilla pound cake, a luscious coconut cream drizzle, a dreamy coconut cream filling and it’s topped with glorious billows of whipped cream. Toasted coconut is the crowning touch giving it just a bit of crunch and toasted goodness. The presentation in a cake pan makes it easier to transport to your next office, community or family potluck meal and it’s delicious to the very last spoonful.
Trifles are one of my favorite desserts to prepare. They’re easy to make-ahead of time and make the most divine edible centerpieces. My obsession with trifles has contributed to my collection of different shapes and sizes of pretty trifle bowls but, sometimes I’d like to make trifle in a dish that transports more easily to a family potluck, church or office party. The coconut cream flavor does particularly well when layered this way as it gives the creamy coconut drizzle the perfect chance to soak into each and every bite of the homemade pound cake. Make it in advance, cover and chill then watch it disappear.
Browse more of my trifles here
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (15) oz can cream of coconut (Not coconut milk)
- 1 (14.5) oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (3.8) oz boxes instant coconut cream pudding
- 4 cups half & half
- 1 (16) oz container whipped cream cheese, softened
- 1 vanilla pound cake OR 1 (15.25) oz box White cake mix prepared, cut into cubes
- 1 (16) oz frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided (OR 4 cups fresh sweetened whipped cream)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the flaked coconut on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Toast for 6-8 minutes stirring periodically until golden. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk.
- In a separate medium-size mixing bowl use an electric mixer to beat together the pudding mix and half & half until thickened but, still pourable.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and beat in the cream cheese. once smooth, fold in 1 cup whipped topping by hand mixing until combined.
- To assemble: In a deep 9 x 13-inch baking dish or cake pan layer ⅓ cubed pound cake, drizzle the cake with ⅓ coconut cream drizzle then spread with ½ coconut cream pudding filling.
- Repeat ⅓ cubed cake, ⅓ coconut cream drizzle then remaining pudding filling. .
- Top with remaining cubed cake and coconut cream drizzle.
- Frost the top with the remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate covered with plastic wrap until serving.
- Garnish with the toasted coconut just before serving.
Cream of coconut is usually found with the drink mixers in my local grocery store.