This Cream Cheese Frosted Carrot Cake Loaf is made-from-scratch deliciousness. It’s what happens when carrot cake and sweet breads collide. Just like quick breads, loaf cakes are terrific for smaller group events such as brunch, coffee or tea parties with friends The classic sweet cream cheese frosting adds just the right touch.
Does Carrot Cake Have A Season?
Carrot cake seems to make its appearance most often around Easter. I love that it’s associated with Spring but, it’s way too delicious to be limited to only that time of year. My Mom’s recipe for carrot cake is the best and I paid homage to her recipe in my cookbook. If you’re a fan of sweet breads, this cake could be left unfrosted similar to banana bread, and enjoyed that way alongside a cup of coffee or tea. You may also choose to frost the entire loaf, and that works as well.
Ways To Personalize
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cream Cheese Frosted Carrot Cake Loaf
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice [See Cook's note]
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely grated carrot
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup white raisins [optional]
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 9 x 4 x 5-inch loaf pan or spray with baking spray. Set aside. Sift together the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients by hand until fully combined.
- Add the shredded carrots, coconut, walnuts and raisins. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes back clean. Cool completely on a cooling rack.
- To frost, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and cream. Spread on top. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon, if desired. Slice and serve. Store chilled and bring to room temperature for serving.
2) If making to freeze leave off the frosting and wrap tightly in freezer safe wrap. Frost after thawing and just before serving.