These dijon mustard seasoned Sausage Rolls are a delicious savory pastry that can be served as an appetizer, for breakfast, brunch or as a main dish. It's made of a delicious savory sausage filling that's wrapped-up in buttery puff pastry and baked until puffed and golden. Serve it with additional mustard on the side for dipping for the ultimate savory treat.
Easy Sausage Rolls Recipe
How to Make the BEST Sausage Rolls Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Sausage Rolls: Breakfast sausage, puff pastry, large eggs, white bread, milk, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, seasoned salt, onion powder, chopped green onions and hot sauce.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: Large sheet pan, medium bowl, small bowl, pastry brush, measuring cups and spoons, sharp knife and cutting board.
- Puff pastry is simple to work with but, it's imperative you follow the directions on the package regarding how to properly thaw the dough.
- These sausage rolls are made using raw sausage, not precooked. Because of this, it's important to use a quality lean breakfast sausage for the best results. A lower quality sausage will result in greasy sausage rolls.
- Once baked, allow the rolls to rest on the pan before slicing to allow some of the steam to escape. This will help when cutting them into portions to serve.
- If you have any concerns about the bottom of the puff pastry collecting more fat than you like, carefully move the rolls onto doubled paper towels to rest for a few minutes to absorb any excess.
- For a timesaver, the filling can be made one day in advance, placed into an airtight container and chilled until assembling the rolls. Likewise, the entire recipe can also be assembled and chilled until you're ready to bake. In that instance, brush with the egg wash just before baking..
- If preferred you can mix it up using a whole grain or a milder mustard in place of the Dijon mustard.
- Store baked Sausage Rolls tightly wrapped in foil chilled in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheat in single servings in the microwave or in a 350°F air fryer or oven for a few minutes just until crisped and heated through.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes to Make
- Make ahead Freezer Breakfast Burritos.
- Make your own Breakfast Sausage.
- Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole uses crescent rolls for a quick and easy crust.
- Make these Breakfast Egg Muffins in a cupcake pan for individual servings.
- Tater Tot Italian Sausage Casserole can be enjoyed at any meal.
- Ham and Cheese Hash Brown Brunch Bake is a holiday favorite.
- Grilled Brunch Skewers from Natasha's Kitchen.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Dijon Sausage Rolls
Servings: 24 pieces
- 2 slices white bread
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 lb quality breakfast sausage i.e. Jimmy Dean
- 2 large eggs beaten separately
- 3 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½-1 teaspoon hot sauce optional
- 3 medium green onions chopped
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, soak two slices of bread with ½ cup of milk until soaked. Add the sausage, 1 beaten egg, dijon, worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, seasoned salt, onion powder and hot sauce. Mix well. After the mixture is fully combined, add the chopped green onions.
- Thaw the puff pastry per the instructions on the package. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to approximately 14 inch square and divide through the middle.
- Divide the sausage evenly and place down the middle of each section. Brush the edges with the egg wash from the second beaten egg reserving some for the exterior.
- Fold the puff pastry over the filling overlapping the edges. Ending seam side down.
- Carefully move the sausage rolls to the parchment, and place seam side down for baking. Smooth and shape. Score the top at one inch intervals. Brush on all sides with remaining beaten egg wash.
- Brush on all sides with the beaten egg wash.
- Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 325°F.
- Continue to bake for an additional 50 minutes or until golden and sausage cooked through.
- Allow to rest on baking sheet for 10 minutes after you removed from oven.
- Using a sharp knife, cut along score lines into serving pieces.
- Serve warm with additional Dijon or sweet hot mustard for dipping.
Use a lean good quality sausage for the best results.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 299mg | Potassium: 88mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 63IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg