Easter Egg Pretzel Bark – Easter and Easter egg candy treats go hand in hand. In my opinion, so do sweet and salty flavor combinations. This chocolate pretzel bark is simple and festive and a great opportunity to get the kids creativity involved in the preparation. Pretzels and peanuts for the salty, and chocolate and candy for the sweet. This pretzel bark is a peanutty choco delight it doesn’t get much better than that.
Easter Egg Pretzel Bark
- 1 pkg [7.2oz] original flat pretzel crisps [i.e.The Snack Factory]
- 1 pkg [11 oz] peanut butter & milk chocolate chips
- 1 pkg [11 oz] milk chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp solid vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sea salted cocktail peanuts or salted cocktail peanuts
- 1 pkg [12 oz] of Reese's Pieces Pastel Eggs
- Easter sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper, and spread the pretzel crisps evenly over the pan. It's okay if they overlap.
- Sprinkle the peanuts on top. The peanuts I used were seasoned with sea salt, but, regular salted cocktail peanuts will work perfectly.
- Place the the peanut butter and the milk chocolate chips [both bags] into a double boiler over simmering water.
- Add the shortening, and stir periodically until the chips are completely melted and combined.
- Pour the smooth chocolate over the pretzels and peanuts.
- Use the back of a spoon or an off set spatula to spread the warm chocolate covering the pretzels and peanuts completely.
- Nestle the Reese's Pieces Pastel Eggs into the chocolate while it's still warm. There's no exact way to do this, be creative!
- Fill in with the Easter sprinkles.
- Allow the pretzel bark to set up and harden, then break or cut into pieces.
- Store at room temperature.