Fans of sweet and salty flavor combinations are immediately drawn to this Easter Egg Pretzel Bark. In it, flat pretzels are topped with salted peanuts then smothered in melted chocolate and peanut butter chips. Arrange colorful peanut M&M’s on top then let it sit until hardened enough to break apart and enjoy.
Easter Egg Candy
Easter and Easter egg candy treats go hand in hand and in my opinion, so do sweet and salty flavor combinations. This chocolate pretzel bark is simple, festive and a great opportunity to get the kids creativity involved in the preparation. They can help by arranging the pretzel crisps on the pan and stirring the chocolate peanut butter mixture when needed. Let them have fun arranging the colorful eggs on top after everything is covered in the melted chocolate and peanut butter chips.It gives them some insight into how make holiday sweets plus, the memories made are irreplaceable.
For the salty layer I use flat pretzels and peanuts and any brand will do. You can use cocktail peanuts or dry roasted feel free to go with your personal preference. Package and give this Easter Egg Pretzel Bark as gifts or fill your family’s Easter baskets with a homemade treat this year. See also Easy White Chocolate Easter Bark and Easy Easter Marshmallow Dessert.
Thanks for vising come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Easter Egg Pretzel Bark
- 1 11 oz package peanut butter & milk chocolate chips
- 1 11 oz package milk chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp solid vegetable shortening
- 1 7.2 oz package original flat pretzel crisps [i.e.The Snack Factory]
- 1 cup cocktail peanuts
- 1 12 oz package Reese's Pieces Pastel Eggs
- Easter sprinkles
- Melt peanut butter and milk chocolate chips with shortening in a double boiler over simmering water. Stir periodically until the chips are completely melted and smooth.
- Meanwhile, line a large baking sheet with wax paper.
- Spread the pretzel crisps evenly over the pan, overlapping is fine. Sprinkle peanuts over pretzel crisps.
- Pour the smooth chocolate over the pretzels and peanuts.
- Use the back of a spoon or an off set spatula to spread the warm chocolate covering the pretzels and peanuts completely.
- Nestle the Reese's Pieces Pastel Eggs into the chocolate while it's still warm. There's no exact way to do this, be creative!
- Fill in with the Easter sprinkles.
- Allow the pretzel bark to set up and harden, then break or cut into pieces.
- Store at room temperature.