You'll love the bright flavor of lemon in this Easy Shrimp Scampi. It features a citrus infused butter sauce paired with plump fresh shrimp and angel hair pasta, delivering dinner in no-time flat.
Easy Shrimp Scampi Recipe
Pasta dishes have the innate ability to please a variety of picky palates. Whether you serve homestyle one pot spaghetti, creamy fettuccine Alfredo or hearty beef and noodles casserole it's an inexpensive way to use pantry ingredients in style.
Restaurant Quality Shrimp Scampi
This shrimp scampi is very much like what you may enjoy while on vacation at the beach or your favorite local seafood restaurant. It's quite simple to make, and the buttery lemon sauce keeps it surprisingly light making it a tasty choice for warm weather meals. It's one of those dishes that makes you feel as if you're dining on a restaurant favorite at your own kitchen table.
Helpful Tips for Making Shrimp Scampi
- I recommend that you start making the pasta first, when making this dish. The pasta takes longer to cook and you'll be less likely to overcook the shrimp.
- I recommend using a larger shrimp when making this dish. That said, you can of course, use any size you prefer. Keep in mind, shrimp cooks very quickly and you should adapt the cooking time based on the size. Otherwise, the shrimp may become tough and rubbery.
- You can serve this dish with a generous sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- If you're a shrimp fan, you may also like to try my recipes for easy shrimp creole, shrimp and cheddar grits and kickin' fried shrimp.
- You may also enjoy this shrimp and rice casserole from The Seasoned Mom.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Easy Shrimp Scampi
- 1 lb angel hair pasta cooked per the package to al dente
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup white wine or chicken broth
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ lbs large fresh shrimp peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon fresh chopped Italian parsley
- fresh lemon slices for garnishing
- Cook pasta in salted water per package instructions until al dente. Drain well just before serving.
- To make shrimp: Heat oil in a large 12 inch skillet. Add onion. Saute over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes until softened. Add garlic cooking for 1 minute longer.
- To the skillet add white wine or broth and butter. Simmer for 5-7 minutes over medium until slightly reduced.
- Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook for 2 minutes over medium-high or until pink and fully cooked through. Do not overcook.
- Drizzle shrimp with fresh lemon juice and toss.
- Transfer drained pasta to plate and top with shrimp mixture garnishing with parsley and lemon slices.
- Serve immediately garnished with parsley and lemon slices.