There's nothing like starting your day with a big stack of hot Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes dripping with butter and pure maple syrup. Classic buttermilk pancakes are like golden medallions encircled with those crispy edges that makes them impossible to resist. They're admittedly indulgent yet, perfectly acceptable to be enjoyed first thing in the morning. These pancakes are slightly sweet with an airy texture due to beaten egg whites that are gently folded into the batter. A splash of pure vanilla and the flavor palate is complete.
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
My boys are huge fans of breakfast foods at any time of day. In fact, they love it when I make fruit filled pancakes, cheesy breakfast casseroles and twice baked potatoes with spinach, bacon and eggs for "brinner" on busy weekdays. Breakfast for dinner, or "brinner" is a real treat, especially when I whip-up the brunch foods we love but have little time to make on hectic weekday mornings. Two of our favorites are my Snickerdoodle pancakes with a warm vanilla bean sauce and baked caramel apple dutch baby my take on a classic baked German pancake.
Separating the Eggs is the Secret to Fluffy Pancakes
This recipe for fluffy buttermilk pancakes is my go-to and I highly recommend going the extra step of separating the eggs and whipping the egg whites before adding them to the batter, it makes all the difference in the texture. The hint of vanilla lends such a richness to the flavor that makes me return to this recipe over and over again. Other pancake recipes you may like to try are these Sheet Pan Pancakes from Bellyfull and Banana Coconut Pecan Pancakes from Barefeet in the Kitchen.,
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking power
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 4 Tbsp butter melted plus additional for pan
- 2 large eggs separated
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Maple syrup and butter for serving
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sift using a whisk.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter, egg yolks and vanilla.
- Add the wet to the dry stirring just until combined.The mixture will be lumpy. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks have formed. Fold into the batter.
- Butter a cast iron skillet or griddle and heat to medium-high. Divide the pancake batter using a ¼ cup measuring cup. (May use cooking spray in place of butter, if desired)
- Cook until golden and the batter has bubbled on top for around 2 minutes per side, then flip.
- Cook in batches adding more butter to the pan as needed. Keep warm until serving.
- Serve drizzled with maple syrup and butter.