Twice Baked Potatoes With Spinach Bacon And Eggs – These twice baked breakfast potatoes are filled with bacon, spinach and scrambled eggs. They’re a “think outside of the box” kind of recipe that I came up with on the spur of the moment when I needed something special to serve guests. If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you know I love the concept of baking eggs. To save time, I needed to make these in advance and have them ready to bake. In light of that, I decided to fill them with scrambled eggs instead of waiting until morning and filling them with a whole egg into each potato half. I absolutely loved the outcome and so did my guests.
The beauty of these potatoes is there’s no waste. The potato flesh that you scoop out to make room for the filling is incorporated into the filling and added back. They’re simnply beautful too and the presentation is spectacular. They’re perfect for an elegant brunch or breakfast for dinner, too.
If making in adsvance, simply follow the recipe to the point of baking. Then cover with plastic storage wrap and chill overnight. In the morning, they’re ready to go. Keep in mind when baking anything from cold you’ll need to increase the baking time so they heat all the way through. So easy so scrumptious!
Twice Baked Potatoes With Spinach Bacon And Eggs
- 2 large russet baking potatoes
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- Seasoned salt and black pepper
- Shredded colby-jack cheese
- 3 green onion thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Scrub and dry the potatoes and prick with a fork. Rub with vegetable oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake for 1 hour or until fork tender. Cool just enough to handle then slice in half.. Lower the oven temperature to 350°F if baking immediately.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the potato flesh leaving a 1/2-inch border. Cube the potato flesh.
- In a large skillet cook the bacon until crisp then remove to paper towels to drain. Add the potatoes to the drippings and saute for 1-2 minutes. Season with seasoned salt and black pepper. Add the spinach and 1/2 of the sliced green onion. Saute until the spinach has wilted and the onions have softened around 2 minutes. Push to one side of the skillet.
- Whisk together the eggs and sour cream. Season with seasoned salt and black pepper. Pour into the skillet and soft scramble. Add the crumbled bacon back to the pan and gently combine the eggs with the sauteed vegetables. Remove from the heat.
- Season the potato shells and sprinkle with 1/2 of the shredded cheese. Divide the filling between the shells. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until heated through and the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately garnished with green onion.