Twice Baked Potatoes with Spinach Bacon and Eggs are a a breakfast twist on classic twice baked potatoes. They're stiffed filled with smoky bacon, spinach and scrambled eggs. They're a delicious twice baked potato twist that are certain to become a family favorite.
Twice Baked Potatoes with Spinach Bacon and Eggs
These breakfast potatoes are a "think outside of the box" kind of recipe. I developed this variation on classic twice baked potatoes on the spur of the moment. It was one of those times that I was hoping to have something unique and special to serve guests. I've always I loved the concept of baking eggs and my Baked French Eggs remain a fan favorite here on the blog. I make them often as well.
Save Time and Make These Twice Baked Potatoes in Advance
For a timesaver, these twice baked potatoes can be assembled in advance and chilled until baking. In light of that, scrambled eggs work best. Of course, there's a generous amount of cheese in the filling to hold everything together. I also love that there's no worries about waste, as the potato flesh is incorporated back into the filling. They're beautiful and the presentation is spectacular. Perfect for an elegant brunch or breakfast for dinner.
Storing Suggestions When Making in Advance
If making in advance, simply follow the recipe to the point of baking, cover with plastic storage wrap and chill overnight. In the morning, they're ready to go. Keep in mind when baking anything from cold you'll need to increase the baking time so they heat thoroughly. Perfectly easy and oh so scrumptious!
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Twice Baked Potatoes With Spinach Bacon And Eggs
- 2 large russet baking potatoes
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- Seasoned salt and black pepper
- 1 ½ cups Shredded colby-jack cheese divided
- 3 green onion thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Scrub and dry the potatoes and prick with a fork. Rub with vegetable oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake for 1 hour or until fork tender. Cool just enough to handle then slice in half.. Lower the oven temperature to 350°F if baking immediately.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the potato flesh leaving a ½-inch border. Cube the potato flesh.
- In a large skillet cook the bacon until crisp then remove to paper towels to drain. Add the potatoes to the drippings and saute for 1-2 minutes. Season with seasoned salt and black pepper. Add the spinach and ½ of the sliced green onion. Saute until the spinach has wilted and the onions have softened around 2 minutes. Push to one side of the skillet.
- Whisk together the eggs and sour cream. Season with seasoned salt and black pepper. Pour into the skillet and soft scramble. Add the crumbled bacon back to the pan and gently combine the eggs with the sauteed vegetables. Remove from the heat.
- Season the potato shells and sprinkle with ½ of the shredded cheese. Divide the filling between the shells. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until heated through and the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately garnished with green onion.