Sponsored ~ This super cheesy Four Cheese Hot Corn and Crab Dip is the ideal way to combine farm stand freshness with jumbo lump crab meat. The combination turns into a crowd-pleasing appetizer that won’t break the bank. In this dip, sweet corn and colorful peppers are smothered in a rich cheesy sauce then combined with premium jumbo lump crab meat. You can serve this four cheese goodness for for your July 4th barbecue to keep guests happy while the grilling and backyard festivities are happening. It’s also perfection at the holidays or served as game day treat. It’s packed with a blend of Borden® Cheese Four Cheese Mexican Cheese shreds making it ooey and gooey. It’s guaranteed to become a year-round favorite with your family and friends so kick-start your July 4th festivities with this magnificent sensation filled with Borden® Cheese.
Special occasions, just like Borden® Cheese, bring families together in the kitchen and around the dinner table to transform meals into memorable moments. Summertime is upon us and chocked-full of special moments to celebrate with friends, family, neighbors and, of course, delicious food! Summer entertaining is the perfect time to serve special starters like this cheesy sweet corn and crab dip. To gild the lily and add a bit of crunch, I like to garnish this dip with garden fresh pico de gallo and serve alongside tortilla chips or toasted garlic-butter crostini for dipping. It makes for an impressive appetizer and the flavor combination is spectacular to the very last spoonful.
For generations, creamy, delicious Borden® Cheese has been crafted with high-quality, wholesome ingredients and the same genuine love and care you find on American, family-owned dairy farms. Borden® Cheese is brought to you by a cooperative of more than 8,000 family-owned dairy farms across the United States Every chunk, slice and shred of Borden® Cheese is pure, creamy goodness that transforms your family recipes into something memorable, because with Borden®Cheese, love is always an ingredient. Whether it’s baking a hearty cheese casserole in the winter, grilling up a cheeseburger in the summer, or sharing snacks after school, Borden® Cheese makes every meal and every moment with loved ones better.
Borden® Cheese has a wide range of offerings to satisfy every taste, including Mild Cheddar, Mozzarella, Mexican, Swiss, Sharp Cheddar, American, Colby Jack and more, which are available as singles, shreds, chunks, slices, strings and snacks.. Borden® Cheese is available at major grocery stores and independent retailers across the country.
Disclosure – This post is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Borden® Cheese a licensed brand of Borden Dairy®.
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled reserve drippings
- 4 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small poblano or jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 3 cups fresh corn or frozen thawed
- 4 oz Chive & Onion cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Taco seasoning
- 1 tsp seafood seasoning
- 3 cups finely shredded Borden® Cheese Four Cheese Mexican Cheese shreds, divided
- 8 oz jumbo lump crab meat, picked over to remove shells
- ½ cup fresh Pico de gallo for garnishing (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Brush a 10-inch cast iron skillet or similar with olive or vegetable oil, set aside.
- On the stove top in a separate skillet cook the bacon until crisp then remove to paper towels to cool. Reserve 2 Tbsp drippings in the skillet.
- Add the sliced green onion, poblano pepper and red bell pepper to the skillet. Season with garlic salt and lemon pepper. Saute on medium-high for 3 minutes or until the peppers begin to soften.
- Add the corn to the pan, cooking over medium-high for 3-5 minutes or until it begins to brown.
- Remove from the stove and add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, taco seasoning and seafood seasoning. Stir until the cream cheese melts.
- Remove from the heat and fold in 2 cups finely shredded Borden® Cheese Four Cheese Mexican Cheese shreds, crab meat and crumbled bacon. Stir until combined.
- Pour into the cast iron skillet or baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup Borden® Cheese Four Cheese Mexican Cheese shreds on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden and the edges are bubbly.
- Garnish with pico de gallo just before serving with tortilla chips.