This type of creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-dippable Mexican Fiesta Dip is the sort of snack you'll find at parties of all kinds. It's addictive to the very last drop.
Mexican Fiesta Dip Recipe
Mexican dip like this fiesta dip have been around for a long time. There doesn't have to be a party going on for my family to request this dip for weekend snacking or one of those days they're in the mood to graze. It's a delicious option for family movie night, game day or race day munchies.
Helpful Tips for Making Mexican Dip
- You control the amount of heat, by using mild, medium or hot salsa, it's your fiesta!
- When melting the cheese, it takes patience. This may take as long as 15-20 minutes. Keep a close eye on the cheese and stir often to prevent the dip from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- The flavor of mixing ground beef and sausage together in this dip balances the flavor with the richness of the creamy white queso dip.
- If you'd like, after preparing it on the stove top, you can pour it into your slow cooker, and keep it warm on those days your family just wants to graze.
- Gordo's brand white queso dip is usually located in the Dairy section. You can substitute 1 pound of Velveeta queso blanco or your favorite queso dip in it's place.
- Other baked dip recipes to try: Baked Layered Tex Mex Dip, Italian inspired Baked Cannellini Bean Dip and Smokin' Pepper Jack Cheese Dip.
- You may also like this 5 Layer Baked Hummus Dip from Iowa Girl Eats.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Mexican Fiesta Dip
- 1 12 oz package pork sausage
- ¾ lb lean ground beef
- 1 small sweet onion finely diced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- ½ tsp each salt and black pepper
- 2-3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 16 oz container white queso cheese dip [i.e. Gordos or similar]
- 2 8 oz blocks cream cheese softened
- 1 ½ cup mild/medium/hot salsa [use your preference]
- 1 ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1-2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 3 medium green onions, thinly sliced for garnishing
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese optional
- In a large stove top pot over medium-high heat, cook sausage, ground beef, diced onion and jalapeno in a light drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium high heat until no pink remains.
- Drain any excess fat from the pan, then add garlic, cooking for one minute longer. To the pot add taco seasoning and lime juice. Mix well.
- Add queso dip, cream cheese and salsa.
- Simmer over medium-low uncovered Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Keep a close eye on the cheese and stir periodically to prevent the dip from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- At the end of cooking add 1 ½ cups of grated pepper jack cheese and chopped cilantro. Mix until cheese has melted.
- Remove the dip from the heat, and pour carefully into your slow cooker to keep warm, or serve immediately with tortilla chips for dipping.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese and chopped green onion.