This crunchy Frito Corn Salad is an insanely delicious option that can be served as a side dish or an appetizer. It comes together in minutes then after giving it ample chill time, it’s ready to devour with Fritos scoops for dipping.
Easy Frito Corn Salad Recipe
This easy corn salad is a cinch to make. The flavorful dressing is perfectly seasoned and pairs beautifully with the sweet corn, peppers and onion. It serves double duty and can be enjoyed as both a side dish or an appetizer. Serve it for game day snacking or pair it with any of your favorite South-of-the-border inspired entrees. How to make a Frito Corn Salad: (Scroll down for full printable recipe.)
- Corn – Steam the corn per the package directions in the microwave. Cool slightly.
- Vegetables – While the corn cools dice the poblano pepper, red pepper and red onion.
- Dressing – In a large bowl whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, seasoned salt, lemon pepper, paprika, granulated garlic, onion powder and cumin.
- Combine – To the dressing add the corn and diced vegetables and shredded cheddar cheese. Mix with a large spoon until fully combined.
- Chill- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Fritos – Just before serving roughly crush the fritos and mix into the salad. The fritos do not need to be finely crushed, in fact they should be mostly whole.
- Serve immediately with Fritos scoops for dipping or alone as a side dish salad.
How to Make the BEST Frito Corn Salad Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Frito Corn Salad: Two one pound packages frozen sweet corn, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, poblano pepper, red bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno slices or cilantro for garnishing and classic Fritos. You’ll also need one or two bags of Fritos Scoops depending on the appetites of those you’re serving.
- To make the Dressing: Real mayonnaise, sour cream, seasoned salt, lemon pepper, granulated garlic, smoked paprika, onion powder, ground cumin.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Large bowl, whisk, measuring cups and spoons, cheese grater, large spoon or spatula, sharp knife and cutting board.
- When making the corn don’t overcook it. It’s fine to undercook it slightly to maintain a slight crunchy texture.
- You can add green onion and chopped cilantro to the mixture, if desired.
- You could also use a different variety of cheese such as colby jack or pepper jack for added spice.
- You can use three 16 ounce cans of corn instead of frozen corn. Should you choose to do so make an effort to drain the corn very well so the dressing won’t break down and separate.
- If you use canned corn there’s no need to cook it at all prior to assembling it with the remaining ingredients.
- You can store Frito corn Salad chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The fritos will naturally soften.
- To maintain the crisp texture of the Fritos, if you don’t think you’ll finish the salad in one sitting you can separate the salad mixture into two halves. Chill half for another day without the Fritos then mix the Fritos into the remaining to be served immediately. Simply mix the fritos into the other half just before serving and enjoy it another day.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes to Make
- This meaty Rotel Dip is always a winner.
- Serve these crispy Fried Ravioli in warm marinara sauce for dipping.
- Homemade Salsa Verde for drizzling on salads, tacos and enchiladas.
- Who can resist gooey Mozzarella Sticks.
- Garlic Parmesan French Fries made in the oven.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip features all of the same flavors we love about wings.
- Pizza Margherita doubles as a main dish or an appetizer.
- Cheesy Mushroom Toasts from Kitchen Divas.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Frito Corn Salad
- 2 1 lb packages frozen sweet corn kernels
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small poblano pepper seeded and diced
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup small diced red onion
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 9 oz package classic Fritos (for the salad)
- 1-2 10 oz packages Fritos Scoops for serving
- jalapeno slices or cilantro for garnishing
- Steam the corn per the package directions in the microwave. Cool slightly.
- While the corn cools dice the poblano pepper, red pepper and red onion.
- In a large bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, seasoned salt, lemon pepper, granulated garlic, paprika, onion powder and cumin until fully combined.
- To the bowl add corn, poblano pepper, red pepper, red onion and shredded cheddar cheese. Mix to evenly distribute, then cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving roughly crush the fritos and mix into the salad. (The fritos shouldn't be finely crushed, large whole pieces work!)
- Serve immediately with Fritos Scoops for dipping or as a side dish salad.