This Fried Ravioli recipe is guaranteed to elevate your small bites menu. Serve these Italian breadcrumb coated cheese ravioli with warm marinara sauce or pizza sauce for dipping.
Easy Fried Ravioli Recipe
How do you make Fried Ravioli? This recipe begins with cheese ravioli dipped in an egg wash then coated with Italian seasoned breadcrumbs. Drop them into vegetable oil heated to 350°F and fry until crispy and golden. Use a slotted spoon or a stainless steel spider to carefully remove them from the oil to a paper towel lined platter or sheet pan. Fry in batches per the recipe until all are fried then dig in!
How to Make the Best Fried Ravioli Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Fried Ravioli: One package refrigerated cheese ravioli, buttermilk, eggs, Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese and chopped Italian parsley.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: A Dutch oven fitted with a fry thermometer or a similar size pot or deep fryer, large sheet pan, two shallow bowls, measuring cups and spoons, slotted spoon or stainless steel spider, cheese grater, sharp knife and cutting board.
- For these ravioli, finely ground breadcrumbs work best. This is one of those rare moments that panko breadcrumbs aren't the best choice.
- These ravioli are fried at 350°F just until the breading is golden and crisp. When deep frying, gently turn the ravioli to avoid disturbing the breading. Also, monitor the oil temperature adjusting the heat as needed while cooking. It naturally drops in temperature when the ravioli are added.
- Fried Ravioli can be enjoyed with warm marinara sauce or pizza sauce on the side for dipping. Use you favorite brand of marinara sauce and you'll be good to go. If you'd like to make your own see my Homemade Pizza Sauce recipe here.
- You can fully assemble these ravioli, then pop them onto a parchment lined sheet pan and freeze for future consumption. Allow them ample time top freeze solid, then pop them into a freezer container or plastic storage bag and store until you're ready to make them.
- Should you have them frozen, lay them in a single layer on a sheet pan and let them thaw, then fry per the recipe.
- Should you have an Fried Ravioli leftover after cooking, store them chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in an air fryer or in a 350°F oven for a few minutes to crisp the breading.
More Italian Recipes to Make
- This Pizza Grilled Cheese is a way to enjoy pizza in a hurry.
- Italian Sausage Rice Pilaf is a tasty riff on Cajun Dirty Rice.
- Italian Basil Beef and Shells can be fully assembled one day in advance and baked when you're ready to eat.
- Seve these Sloppy Joe Pizza Sliders for casual meals and game day snacks.
- Cheesy Italian Sausage Stuffed Manicotti have a no fuss technique for filling that's a game changer.
- Baked Ziti with a salad and garlic bread is an Italian feast.
- Lemon Pasta from A Cedar Spoon.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 1 20 oz package refrigerated cheese ravioli (if using frozen, thaw)
- ⅔ cup buttermilk or whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil for frying (depending on the pot, around 3 inches deep)
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley for garnishing
- 2 cups warm marinara sauce for serving
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- In one shallow bowl, whisk together buttermilk and eggs until fully combined. Place Italian breadcrumbs in a second shallow bowl.
- Dip each ravioli into buttermilk-egg wash letting excess drip off. Next, coat with breadcrumbs pressing firmly onto all sides. Place onto prepared pan in a single layer.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or similar large pot fitted with a thermometer to 350°F.
- Fry ravioli in batches, carefully lowering into the oil. Cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined platter. Keep warm. Repeat the process with the remaining raviolis.
- Serve immediately garnished with Parmesan cheese, parsley and warm marinara sauce for dipping.