This baked Buffalo Chicken Dip is warm, gooey and ready for dipping with celery sticks, fritos, tortilla chips, crackers or garlic bread.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
When it comes to starters for the holidays, game day eats or weekend snacking, dips are always a winning option. While I have many recipes for appetizers in the recipe index, there are a few standouts that fans come back for over and over again. My recipe for Million Dollar Dip, creamy Homemade French Onion Dip, an old favorite for football parties is my Layered Taco Dip and an update on classic spinach dip is my Pepper Jack Spinach Dip with Bacon. How to make Buffalo Chicken Dip: (Scroll down for full printable recipe.)
- Preheat Oven – Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush a 10 inch cast iron skillet or similar oven safe skillet or dish lightly with oil or, cooking spray.
- Cream Cheese Filling – Use a mixer to beat together cream cheese, hot sauce, sour cream, mayonnaise and ranch seasoning.
- Mix-ins – Once smooth, add chicken and 1 1/2 cups cheese to the bowl, mixing by hand. Spread the dip into the skillet. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese on top.
- Bake – Bake in a preheated 350°F oven per the recipe until heated through and bubbly.
- Serve – Serve immediately with celery sticks, fritos, crackers, tortilla chips or garlic bread for dipping.
How to Make the Best Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
This buffalo chicken dip recipe is super simple to make with ingredients that are readily available in any local grocery store or market. It’s another opportunity to use one of those beloved Costco rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken from another meal. This buffalo chicken dip is certain to become a favorite with the buffalo wing fans at your house.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe for homemade Buffalo Chicken Dip: Plain cream cheese, hot sauce, mayonnaise, sour cream, dry Ranch salad dressing mix, shredded colby jack cheese and blue cheese crumbles for garnishing.
- For this baked dip recipe, it’s important to use a really good hot sauce for the filling. I often use Frank’s hot sauce, but the market is filled with a wide variety of flavorful options. Rule of thumb, is use your favorite brand and you can’t go wrong.
- You can fully assemble this dip one day in advance, then chill overnight in the refrigerator until baking. If baking in cast iron as I do, place it into an airtight container and spread into the skillet just before baking. It’s not advisable to store food in a cast iron skillet unless it’s enamel coated.
- Since this dip includes a good amount of hot sauce for kick, I choose a milder Colby Jack cheese for the filling. You could adapt using your favorite flavor of cheese, or what you have on hand.
- This buffalo chicken dip is amazing served straight from the oven with a variety of dipping choices.
- A few options for serving on the side that you may like are celery sticks, fritos, scoops, tortilla chips, crackers or toasted garlic bread.
- Pull apart bread works well too for dipping in this creamy kicked up chicken dip, so checkout my recipe for Garlic Parmesan Pull Apart Bread for another option.
- Store leftover dip in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can also cool and freeze this dip for up to 1 month. Thaw in the refrigerator then reheat in the microwave.
- You can reheat baked Buffalo Chicken Dip in the microwave.
More Southern Style Buffalo Chicken Recipes to Make
We love the flavors associated with spicy buffalo wings in any shape or form. You can see this demonstrated in the following recipes that you may also enjoy making:
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad doubles as a side dish or a light meal.
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza is perfection for quick weekday meals or game day snacking.
- Buffalo Chicken Chili will warm you up from the inside out.
- Buffalo Chicken Pull Apart Bread from Southern Living
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 1 cup hot sauce i.e. Franks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1.0 oz) packet dry ranch dressing
- 2-3 cups roughly chopped rotisserie chicken
- 2 1/2 cups colby-jack cheese divided
- 2 oz bleu cheese crumbles for garnishing
- celery sticks, fritos, tortilla chips, crackers or garlic bread for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush a 10 inch cast iron skillet or similar oven safe skillet or dish lightly with oil or, cooking spray.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together cream cheese, hot sauce, sour cream, mayonnaise and ranch seasoning.
- Once smooth, add chicken and 1 1/2 cups cheese to the bowl, mixing by hand. Spread into skillet. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with celery sticks, fritos, crackers, tortilla chips or garlic bread for dipping.