This baked Buffalo Chicken Dip is warm, gooey and ready for dipping with celery sticks, fritos, tortilla chips, crackers or garlic bread.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe for Parties
When it comes to starters for the holidays, game day eats or weekend snacking, dips are always a winning option. While I have many recipes for appetizers in the recipe index, there are a few standouts that fans come back for over and over again:
This buffalo chicken dip is certain to become a favorite with the buffalo wing fans at your house.
Helpful Tips for Making Buffalo Chicken Dip
This dip is super simple to make with ingredients that are readily available in any local grocery store or market. It's another opportunity to use one of those beloved Costco rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken from another meal.
- For this dip recipe, it's important to use a really good hot sauce for the filling. I often use Frank's but, the market is filled with a wide variety of flavorful options. Rule of thumb, use your favorite brand and you can't go wrong.
- You can fully assemble this dip a day in advance, then chill overnight until baking. If baking in cast iron as I do, place it into an airtight container and spread into the skillet just before baking. It's not advisable to store in cast iron.
- Since this dip includes a good amount of hot sauce for kick, I choose a milder Colby Jack cheese for the filling. You could adapt using your favorite flavor of cheese or, what you have on hand, if needed.
- Serve straight from the oven with a variety of dipping choices. A few options you may consider are celery sticks, fritos, tortilla chips, crackers or toasted garlic bread. Pull apart bread works well too so, checkout my recipe for garlic Parmesan pull apart bread for another option.
Other Buffalo Chicken Recipes to Try
We love the flavors associated with wings in any shape or form. You can see this demonstrated in the following recipes that you may also enjoy.
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Buffalo Chicken Pull Apart Bread from Southern Living
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 1 cup hot sauce i.e. Franks
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1.0 oz) packet dry ranch dressing
- 2-3 cups roughly chopped rotisserie chicken
- 2 ½ cups colby-jack cheese divided
- 2 oz bleu cheese crumbles for garnishing
- celery sticks, fritos, tortilla chips, crackers or garlic bread for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush a 10 inch cast iron skillet or similar oven safe skillet or dish lightly with oil or, cooking spray.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together cream cheese, hot sauce, sour cream, mayonnaise and ranch seasoning.
- Once smooth, add chicken and 1 ½ cups cheese to the bowl, mixing by hand. Spread into skillet. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with celery sticks, fritos, crackers, tortilla chips or garlic bread for dipping.