This colorful Fruit Pizza recipe features a homemade cookie crust. Top it with a variety of fresh fruit then brush the fruit with a simple glaze for added flavor and visual appeal.
Easy Fruit Pizza Recipe
Fresh fruit pizzas hearken back to childhood for me. I still love them and find they're always a winning option for entertaining, for taking along to picnics, as a dessert for football parties and the holidays. Kids love them and you can have fun topping the cream cheese filling with any variety of fruit that you love.
How to Make the Best Fruit Pizza Recipe
What sets this recipe apart? Hands down it's the homemade cookie crust. When time is a factor, a premade sugar cookie or chocolate chip crust will work but it's nice to go the extra mile once in a while, isn't it? This recipe goes a step further and demonstrates how to make your own crust from scratch for this colorful dessert pizza.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Fruit Pizza: For the cookie crust you'll need: Light brown sugar, softened butter, one large egg, vanilla extract, all purpose flour and quick cooking oats.
- For the cream cheese filling you'll need: Softened plain cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and marshmallow cream.
- Suggested fruit to use: Choose ultra fresh fruit such as strawberries, kiwi, mandarin oranges and blueberries. You'll also need apple jelly or apricot jelly to glaze the fruit.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A 12 or 14 inch pizza pan, a mixer, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, a pizza cutter, a sharp knife and chopping board, a pastry brush and whisk to sift together the dry ingredients for the homemade cookie crust.
- You can use any variety of fresh fruit that you enjoy for making your own fruit pizza. When choosing which fruit to use consider the colors. We do eat first with our eyes, after all. You could swap out grapes or use raspberries in place of blueberries. You may also like to use peaches in place of mandarin oranges and add chunks of pineapple to the mix. Have fun and get the whole family involved.
- You can store leftover fruit pizza covered and chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Please note, once chilled the crust may soften slightly.
More Southern Style Dessert Recipes to Make
Recipes that use fresh fruit as the main ingredient will always be a winning dessert choice to make. More fruit dessert recipes you may like to try;
- Frozen Berry Fruit Salad can be enjoyed as a side dish or a make ahead dessert.
- No worries about melting ice cream when you make this Fruit Bowl Sundae.
- This retro Grape Salad Recipe never gets old.
- Punch Bowl Fruit Salad Trifle features a cheesecake-like layer and fresh fruit combination.
- You may also like this Tropical Fruit Salad Recipe from the Slow Roasted Italian.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- ¾ cup light brown sugar packed
- ¾ cup salted butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats (not instant)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Cream cheese topping:
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 7 oz container marshmallow cream
- 2 tablespoon apple jelly melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 quart fresh strawberries hulled and sliced (top to bottom)
- 1 14 oz can mandarin oranges well drained
- 2-3 small kiwi peeled, halved sliced
- sprig of mint for garnishing optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 12-14 inch pizza pan with butter or baking spray. Set aside.
- Cream together brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla in a medium size mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer on medium-high speed beating until creamy, about 2 minutes. Stop and scrap the bowl as needed.
- To the creamed mixture add flour, oats and baking soda; beat at low speed until well mixed.
- Spread dough pressing evenly onto pizza pan. Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Cool completely. (Test the center with a toothpick, if needed to ensure it's cooked through.)
- To make topping: Use an electric mixer to cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add marshmallow cream, beating until fully combined and smooth. Spread over cooled crust.
- Arrange fruit on top in a pretty pattern. Melt apple jelly for 5-10 seconds in the microwave and brush over all of the fruit pieces. Chill for at least 1-2 hours.
- Slice and serve. May store covered and chilled for up to 2 days.