The flavor of these Garlic and Herb Cheddar Biscuits is mighty close to the ones served at Red Lobster. They're seasoned with herb butter, filled with cheddar then dropped in mounds onto a cookie sheet and baked until golden.
Garlic and Herb Cheddar Biscuits
Since the early days of my blog, people have asked repeatedly for a recipe for copycat garlic cheddar biscuits. My only suggestion, is to make these when you're entertaining as they have a magical way of disappearing making them perfect for sharing. Otherwise, you may find there's nothing left to share but the crumbs. Biscuits, like many homemade breads, have limitless possibilities when it comes to add-ins and flavor variations. When you start with a classic buttermilk biscuit, the sky's the limit. These biscuits can be baked in a cast iron skillet with bacon in the dough like my cheddar bacon biscuits or on a sheet pan.
Tips for Making Garlic-Herb Cheddar Biscuits
- This recipe was specifically designed using a baking mix. You can't adapt using self rising flour as it would require other adjustments to work.
- You may use your favorite brand of buttermilk biscuit mix for these biscuits.
- Packaged shredded cheese is much drier than freshly shredded cheese. For a moist biscuit, take the time to make and shred your own freshly shredded cheddar cheese.
- Ice cream scoops help keep dough uniform in size so, they'll bake evenly.
- The size of the biscuits can be adjusted by the size ice cream scoop used. You can make these bite size using a meatball scoop or appetizer size using a slightly larger scoop.
Other Biscuit Recipes to Add to the Menu
Biscuits are one of the two house breads of the South. That makes them completely appropriate at any time of day and the sky's the limit with mix-ins and twists in flavor. Some other biscuit recipes you may like:
- Cheddar Ranch Drop Biscuits
- Beef and Bleu Cheese Biscuits
- 7 Up Drop Biscuits
- Bacon Buttermilk Drop Biscuits
- Chocolate Biscuits from A Dash of Sanity
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Garlic and Herb Cheddar Biscuits
- 2 ⅔ cup buttermilk biscuit mix i.e. Bisquick
- 1 ¼ teaspoon garlic powder divided
- 1 ¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes divided
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup butter melted and divided
- 1 ¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together biscuit mix, garlic powder, parsley flakes and onion powder.
- Make a well in the center and add the buttermilk and ½ of the melted butter. Mix with a fork just until moistened. Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Use a 4 ounce ice cream scoop to divide the dough into rounds. Place approximately 2 inches apart to allow for spreading while baking.
- Mix ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder and ¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes with the remaining butter. Brush the tops of the biscuits. Reserve a small amount to brush the tops after baking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Brush the tops with garlic butter. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply