These Beef and Bleu Cheese Biscuits are a spectacular variation on our beloved house bread of the South. The flavor paring makes these beefy biscuits ideal for serving as the complimentary bread for any meal.
Beef and Bleu Cheese Biscuits
This savory variation on a classic buttermilk biscuit that was the result of an "aha" kitchen moment. I love baking savory and sweet alike and am known for making all sorts of biscuits. Some biscuits are more tailored for breakfast meals and some sweet versions such as cinnamon swirl raisin biscuits or cranberry orange scones can be served for brunch or tea. This beef and bleu cheese biscuit is a terrific appetizer or dinner bread.
Blue Cheese and Beef are a Heavenly Match
I personally love the robust flavor of bleu cheese, and I tend to gravitate to those that are heavily blue veined. However, I recognize that this is an acquired taste so, for these biscuits, I chose to use a milder Gorgonzola cheese which often appeals to a wider audience.
- These biscuits can be served with a side of sweet chive butter to accompany any meal.
- I highly recommend using White Lily flour if it's available in your area to make the best biscuits.
- My favorite way to serve these for a high tea or brunch is a to add a couple of slices of juicy tomato, a light sprinkle of salt and a drizzle of horseradish sauce. The trio of beef, bleu cheese and horseradish turns these into the fillet mignon of biscuits.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Beef And Bleu Cheese Biscuits
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 4 oz crumbled bleu or Gorgonzola cheese
- ½ cup chopped dried beef [i.e.Armour]
- 1 ½ tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream plus 2 Tbsp
- add'l heavy cream to brush the tops
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, bleu cheese crumbles, chopped beef, chives and seasonings.
- Make a well in the center and add 1 ½ cups plus 2 tablespoons of heavy cream. Reserve additional cream to brush the tops before baking.
- Use a large silicone spatula or spoon and mixing until combined.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, then pat or roll to ¾- 1 inch in thickness. Cut into desired size rounds. (A 2 inch biscuit cutter will yield 14 biscuits. You can make these biscuits any size you like.)
- Place onto the baking sheet at least 1 inch apart. Brush tops with additional heavy cream. Place into the oven and bake for 14-15 minutes until golden. Serve immediately.
These flavor of these biscuits is so creative. We love bleu cheese and loved the flavor of the combination with beef. I will be using this recipe for all of our special brunches.
Hi Cindy, thank you and thanks for stopping by to visit! ~ Melissa
Creations By Cindy
These look so good! Hugs and blessings, Cindy