Sponsored ~ This kicked-up Grilled Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Chicken is a feast for the eyes and the senses. Tender filet of boneless chicken breasts slathered with a cream cheese, buttermilk dressing and jalapeno laced filling that’s packed with Borden® Cheese. To gild the lily, this beautiful cheese-filled package is wrapped in thick cut bacon. It’s bound to become a year-round grilling favorite with your family and friends and with such simple easy-to-find ingredients you’ll be delighted to prepare it over and over again. Kick-start your grilling season with this bacon wrapped cheesy chicken filled with Borden® Cheese.
Special occasions, just like Borden® Cheese, bring families together in the kitchen and around the dinner table to transform meals into memorable moments. Summertime is upon us and chocked-full of special moments to celebrate with friends, family, neighbors and, of course, delicious food! Summer-time turns many grilling aficionados into backyard chefs. What better way to impress than serving a bacon wrapped cheese stuffed sensation like these jalapeno popper chicken breasts? While I chose jalapenos for this dish, feel free to omit the jalapenos or use green chilies in their place for those who may be a bit shy of too much heat or adjust the amount of jalapeno to your taste.
For generations, creamy, delicious Borden® Cheese has been crafted with high-quality, wholesome ingredients and the same genuine love and care you find on American, family-owned dairy farms. Borden® Cheese is brought to you by a cooperative of more than 8,000 family-owned dairy farms across the United States Every chunk, slice and shred of Borden® Cheese is pure, creamy goodness that transforms your family recipes into something memorable, because with Borden®Cheese, love is always an ingredient. Whether it’s baking a hearty cheese casserole in the winter, grilling up a cheeseburger in the summer, or sharing snacks after school, Borden® Cheese makes every meal and every moment with loved ones better.
Borden® Cheese has a wide range of offerings to satisfy every taste, including Mild Cheddar, Mozzarella, Mexican, Swiss, Sharp Cheddar, American, Colby Jack and more, which are available as singles, shreds, chunks, slices, strings and snacks.. Borden® Cheese is available at major grocery stores and independent retailers across the country.
Disclosure – This post is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Borden® Cheese a licensed brand of Borden Dairy®.
You may also like: Crab Macaroni and Cheese, Kickin’ Cowboy Queso Dip, Cheese Lovers Mac and Cheese with Broccoli, Bacon Egg and Cheese Brunch Bread, Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup, Cheesesteak Sliders.
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- 4 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 8 oz Chive and Onion cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup prepared buttermilk Ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeno See Cook's note
- 2 cups Borden® Cheese Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese shreds
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 8 to othpicks soaked in water
- Using a sharp knife butterfly the chicken pieces through the middle being careful not to cut all the way through. Using a meat mallet pound to approximately 1/3-inch thickness.
- Season the chicken pieces on both sides with garlic salt and lemon pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the cream cheese and salad dressing until fully combined.
- By hand fold in the chopped jalapeno and 1 cup Borden® Cheese Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese shreds. Mix well.
- Divide the creamed mixture between the chicken pieces and spread to 1/2-inch of the edge of each piece. Sprinkle with the remaining Borden® Cheese Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese shreds.
- Roll each piece starting with the widest edge, ending seam side down.
- Wrap each piece with 2 slices of bacon. Secure with water soaked toothpicks, if needed.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- To grill on a gas grill, preheat the grill to medium. Grill each piece around 10-12 minutes per side, or until the bacon is crisp and the chicken has cooked through and, the juices are no longer pink or to 165°F. (Cook on foil, for easy clean-up)
- Rest for 5 minutes remove toothpicks and serve.
If preferred mild chopped green chilies may be used in place of the jalapeno.
Grilling tip: Use aluminum foil or a grill pan for the best results and easy clean-up.