This post brought to you by Borden Cheese
This grilled bacon wrapped Jalapeno Popper Chicken is a feast for the eyes and the senses. Tender filet of boneless chicken breasts slathered with a cream cheese, buttermilk dressing and jalapeno laced cheese filling. To gild the lily, this beautiful cheese-filled package is wrapped in thick cut bacon. It’s bound to become a year-round grilling favorite with your family and friends and with such simple easy-to-find ingredients you’ll be delighted to prepare it over and over again.
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Chicken
Special occasions, bring families together in the kitchen and around the dinner table to transform meals into memorable moments. Summertime is upon us and chocked-full of special moments to celebrate with friends, family, neighbors and, of course, delicious food! Summer-time turns many grilling aficionados into backyard chefs. What better way to impress than serving a bacon wrapped cheese stuffed sensation like these jalapeno popper chicken breasts?
Helpful Tips and Other Easy Chicken Recipes to Add to the Menu
- While I chose jalapenos for this dish, feel free to omit the jalapenos or use green chilies in their place for those who may be a bit shy of too much heat or adjust the amount of jalapeno to your taste.
- Other cheesy dishes I’ve developed for Borden you can find here in the recipe index is my Crab Macaroni and Cheese, easy Kickin’ Cowboy Queso Dip and ever popular Bacon Egg and Cheese Brunch Bread.
- Plus, more chicken recipes to try: Smothered Asiago Chicken, Pepperoni Pizza Chicken, Oven Fried Provolone Stuffed Chicken Breasts and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts from Living that Low Carb Life.
Other Chicken Recipes to Try
Chicken is a go-to ingredient for us as I’m sure it is for you, too. A few other chicken recipes to try:
- Easy Roasted Garlic Pepper Split Chicken Breasts for soups and entrees.
- Pepperoni Pizza Chicken can be served on hoagie rolls or pasta.
- Chicken Ham and Swiss Cheese Bake is a deconstructed chicken cordon bleu.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Disclosure – This post is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Borden® Cheese a licensed brand of Borden Dairy® the opinions are all mine. Thank you for being supportive and allowing me to share brands I enjoy!
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- 4 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 8 oz container Chive and Onion cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup prepared buttermilk Ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeno See Cook's note
- 2 cups Borden® Cheese Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese shreds or similar
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 8 toothpicks soaked in water
- Using a sharp knife butterfly the chicken pieces through the middle being careful not to cut all the way through. Using a meat mallet pound to approximately 1/3-inch thickness.
- Season the chicken pieces on both sides with garlic salt and lemon pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the cream cheese and salad dressing until fully combined.
- By hand fold in the chopped jalapeno and 1 cup Borden® Cheese Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese shreds. Mix well.
- Divide the creamed mixture between the chicken pieces and spread to 1/2-inch of the edge of each piece. Sprinkle with the remaining Borden® Cheese Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese shreds.
- Roll each piece starting with the widest edge, ending seam side down.
- Wrap each piece with 2 slices of bacon. Secure with water soaked toothpicks, if needed.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- To grill on a gas grill, preheat the grill to medium. Grill each piece around 10-12 minutes per side, or until the bacon is crisp and the chicken has cooked through and, the juices are no longer pink or to 165°F. (Cook on foil, for easy clean-up)
- Rest for 5 minutes remove toothpicks and serve.
- Light cream cheese, lighter shredded cheese can be used in place of the fuller fat versions in this recipe.
- If preferred mild chopped green chilies may be used in place of the jalapeno.
- Grilling tip: Use aluminum foil or a grill pan for the best results and easy clean-up.