This delectable Grilled Vegetable Salad with Apple Cider-Honey Vinaigrette is a warm weather dish that can be served warm or at room temperature. Drizzled with a tangy-sweet vinaigrette for the finishing touch, just may have the kiddos eating their vegetables.
Easy Grilled Vegetable Salad with an Apple Cider-Honey Vinaigrette Recipe
Farmstand flavors are a warm weather reward. Whether it's fried green tomatoes, zucchini fries or crispy squash fritters using summer squash, it's like a bonus to the sunny days. The homemade apple cider-honey vinaigrette drizzled over these vegetables, adds a combination of sweetness and tang. Drizzle lightly with the vinaigrette and crumble fresh cheese on top just before serving. It's a company worthy dish that's ready for entertaining.
How to Make the Best Grilled Vegetable Salad Recipe with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
This grilled vegetable salad comes with a drizzle of a delicious homemade apple cider honey vinaigrette. It's a surprisingly delicious side dish to serve that's good and good for you!
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Grilled Vegetable Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette: Asparagus, zucchini, squash, red bell pepper, red onion, poblano pepper or green bell pepper, yellow squash, olive oil, garlic salt, black pepper, crumbled feta cheese or queso fresco and olive oil.
- To make the homemade Apple Cider Vinaigrette dressing you'll need: Honey, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, salt, minced garlic clove, grated onion, red pepper flakes, black pepper and olive oil.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: An outdoor grill or grill pan for indoor preparation, a sharp knife and cutting board, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons and a stand blender to make the vinaigrette.
- Don't be intimidated by the ingredient list, you can easily adapt this grilled vegetable recipe using what you have available in your vegetable bin.
- It's easier to grill whole vegetables. For serving you can dice or cut into desired size pieces.
- While the vegetables grill, mix the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Should you choose to make it in advance yo ucan. Store chilled in a mason jar and shake well before serving.
How to Prepare the Vegetables for Grilled Vegetable Salad
- How to prepare the vegetables for this salad: Just before serving, remove the woody ends from the grilled asparagus and cut in half, cut the zucchini and squash into bite size chunks and slice the bell peppers. It's up to you if you'd like to serve them on a serving platter or in a bowl.
- I recommend that you drizzle the grilled vegetables lightly with the vinaigrette, and then sprinkle with crumbled cheese just before serving to avoid drenching the vegetables.
- Serve the remaining apple cider vinaigrette on the side and garnish with ribbons of fresh basil, if desired.
- You may also enjoy these grilled fruit kabobs from i Heart Naptime.
More Southern Style Salad Recipes to Make
More delicious salad recipes to add to your menu:
- This retro 5 Bean Salad is a refrigerator salad with a sweet and tangy dressing.
- Italian Spaghetti Salad with Spinach can be served warm or chilled.
- Shake-up your menu with this fusion BLT Potato Salad recipe.
- A Tomato Cracker Salad may well be the best salad you've never tried. You'll LOVE it!
- This potluck Grape Salad Recipe never disappoints.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Grilled Vegetable Salad with Apple Cider-Honey Vinaigrette
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 medium zucchini halved
- 2 medium yellow squash halved
- 1 large purple onion cut into wedges
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 large poblano or green bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper seeded and sliced
- olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 oz crumbled feta or queso fresco
- 4 fresh basil leaves sliced into thin ribbons [chiffonade]
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoon apple-cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon sweet onion or shallot minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- sprinkle of black pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Preheat the grill to medium. Brush the prepared vegetables on all sides with olive oil and season with garlic salt and black pepper.
- Place on the grill cooking for 4 minutes on each side or until crisp tender.
- Remove to a large platter in a single layer, to cool slightly.Don't stack. [Tip: If you stack the vegetables, they'll continue to steam and cook.]
- To make the vinaigrette: Place the ingredients for the vinaigrette into a blender, reserving the oil. Pulse until combined.
- Drizzle the oil in through the top of the blender on low speed and process until emulsified. This can be done up to 3 days in advance and refrigerated.
- Shake well before serving. Yield: approximately ¾ cup
- To assemble the dish: Remove the woody ends from the grilled asparagus and cut in half.
- Cut the zucchini and squash into bite size chunks and slice the peppers.
- Place onto a serving platter or into a bowl.
- Drizzle the vegetables lightly with the vinaigrette, and sprinkle with crumbled cheese just before serving.
- Serve the remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- Garnish with ribbons of fresh basil.