These insanely delicious Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Bars feature a buttery Oreo cookie crust and they're finished with a drizzle of homemade chocolate ganache. Enjoy them for the holidays, backyard picnics or as an all-occasion dessert.
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
I am over-the-moon today to invite my dear friend Joan Hayes from Chocolate, Chocolate and more into my kitchen. Joan and I became fast friends through blogging many years ago, and I am so thankful that we did. We've shared lots of laughter along our cooking journey together. Joan is sharing a new recipe in the flavor that has made her famous...chocolate.
"Hi all, I'm Joan from Chocolate. Chocolate and more. You can guess by the name, I love Chocolate. I pretty much love all sweets. Cakes, Bars, Cookies, Candy...if there's sugar involved, I'm in. Melissa is so sweet to let me share these chocolate cheesecake bars today. I adore her. Early on, we just clicked, like two southern girls chatting over the back fence. You know how women love to talk. Chatting about work, about family, about life. If we lived close enough, I'm sure we'd have a weekly coffee date."
Chocolate and Cheesecake are a Heavenly Match
I've been on a cheesecake binge lately. I love cheesecake. Rich creamy, full of flavor, and always with a buttery crust. While I own several springform pans in various sizes, I often like to make cheesecake in the form of bars. It's somehow less intimidating, or just simpler. They have the bonus of also being easier to eat since, no fork is required. It's easy to dress up any cheesecake with a little doodling and some chocolate ganache. You don't have to be an artist, once sliced your cheesecake bars will look elegant with little effort. You may also like White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Bars from Celebrating Sweets.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Cheesecake bars:
- 2 cups crushed Oreo cookies about 24 cookies
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 3 8 oz blocks cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- Line a 13 x 9 baking pan with foil, lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray. Combine crushed cookies with butter until all crumbs are moistened. Press crumb mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Set aside.
- Place 1 cup chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high in microwave for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir until chocolate is completely melted. Heat an additional 15 seconds if needed. Let cool.
- In a medium-size bowl using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla, beat well. Add melted chocolate beating until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until combined. Stop and scrape the side of the bowl.
- Spoon cheesecake mixture over prepared crust and smooth to edges. Bake in a preheated 325°F oven for 40-45 minutes, until only center of cheesecake jiggles when gently shaken. Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in oven with door cracked for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove cheesecake to rack to cool completely before refrigerating. Let cheesecake chill for 1 hour before adding decorative ganache.
- To make ganache:
- Place chocolate chips and cream in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for 1 minute. Let chocolate rest for 5 minutes before stirring. Stir until completely smooth. Let cool.
- Spoon ganache into a pastry bag fitted with a #3 tip or you can use a plastic freezer bag with a small hole cut out of one corner. Drizzle chocolate ganache over cheesecake in any design.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to completely chill before slicing.