This Ham and Egg Bubble Up is a spectacular way to start any day. Whether it's weekend brunching with friends or family holiday gatherings, it's sure to hit the proverbial spot.
Ham and Egg Bubble Up
This amazing make ahead breakfast casserole is at the top of my list of favorites. I have several breakfast casseroles here in the MSSK recipe index that remain fan favorites. My sausage egg and cheese casserole made with crescent rolls as well as an overnight eggs benedict casserole that's company worthy. I'm always looking for more to add.
Have Bubble Up Breakfast Casserole for Dinner
This dish is one you may have like to serve for breakfast, brunch or breakfast for dinner. While I dearly love biscuits this dish is made with those little frozen unbaked dinner yeast roll bread rounds.
Tips for Making Bubble Up Casseroles
- Use a deep dish baking dish for this casserole to prevent overflowing.
- Since this is assembled the night before, the baking time is based on a cold casserole. The time can easily be adjusted depending on how cold it is. If time allows, leave on the counter for 15 minutes to warm just a bit before baking.
- Allow the frozen rounds of yeast roll dough to thaw on the counter for 15-20 minutes and then quarter each one using a sharp knife.
- Just as when baking a cake, it's important to check the center of this bubble up for doneness with a toothpick.
- While baking, the rolls bubble up to the top and become golden and puffy while the creamy egg may take a bit longer to cook. Adjust the baking time according to how your oven performs and how done you like your scrambled eggs. It's a scrumptious one dish bubble up meal and leftovers reheat well, too.
Other Breakfast Casserole Recipes to Try
- Ham and Hash Brown Casserole
- Tater Tot Italian Sausage Casserole
- Southern Grits and Greens Casserole
- Overnight Bacon and Egg Casserole from The Food Charlatan
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Ham and Egg Bubble Up
- 10 unbaked frozen dinner yeast rolls, thawed but still cold (I.e. Rhodes or similar)
- ½ lb smoked ham cubed
- 3 cups shredded Swiss or Cheddar or Colby Jack Cheese divided
- 10 large eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- 1 bunch green onion chopped
- Spray the bottom and sides of a deep 12 x 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Allow the dinner rolls to thaw on the counter for 15-20 minutes. Arrange in a single layer on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Arrange cubed ham over dough quarters then sprinkle with 1 1/.2 cups shredded cheese.
- In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together eggs, half & half, Parmesan, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and ground mustard. Mix in green onions.
- Pour egg custard over rolls. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To bake, preheat oven to 350°F. Let stand at room temperature for 10-15 minutes. Remove plastic wrap and sprinkle with remaining 1 ½ cup cheese on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes then, lay a piece of foil on top. Continue to bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are set. (Test the center with a toothpick before removing from the oven)
- Let stand for 10 minutes on the counter, then serve.