This Ham and Hash Brown Casserole is a potluck lovers dream filled with hearty potatoes and smoked ham. Most recently I made it and took it to my son’s “Thankful Breakfast” at school. I think it’s perfect for breakfast, brunch or serve it as a side dish for any meal. It’s super convenient as it can be prepared in advance, then baked just before serving.
Easy Ham and Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
How to Make the Best Ham and Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Ham and Hash Brown Casserole: Cubed Ham, country style hash brown potatoes (if frozen, thawed) bacon, red bell peppers, green onions, sour cream, cream of celery soup, melted butter, shredded cheddar cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, Dijon mustard, granulated garlic, black pepper and onion powder.
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need: One 13 x 9 inch casserole dish, measuring cups and spoons, large bowl, cheese grater, a large rubber spatula, sharp knife and chopping board.
- You can fully assemble this casserole one day in advance, cover and chill. Allow 15 minutes or so at room temperature then bake per the recipe until heated through. You may need to add additional baking time.
- You could change the flavor of cheese in this casserole depending on your preference. For example, you could use pepper jack cheese in place of cheddar and add chopped pickled jalapenos to add some heat to the mixture.
- Store leftover Ham and Hash Brown Casserole in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in single servings in the microwave or cover with foil and reheat in a 350°F oven until heated through.
More Easy Casseroles to Make
When you’re in a quandary about what to make for dinner a casserole is always a winning option. More delicious casserole recipes you may also like to try:
- Holiday ready Slow Cooker Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole frees up the oven on busy cooking days.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Casserole is a one dish meal.
- Southwestern Chicken Cavatappi is packed with vibrant colors and flavors.
- Cheesy Au Gratin Ranch Potatoes can be served as a side dish with most any meal including summer grilled steaks, pork and chicken.
- Nacho Beef and Macaroni is a terrific option featuring the South of the border flavors we love.
- Tater Tot Italian Sausage Breakfast Casserole comes together in no time flat.
- Creamed Greens Casserole from Southern Living.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Ham And Hash Brown Casserole
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 small red bell pepper finely diced
- 6 green onion thinly sliced
- 1 30 oz package frozen country style hash brown potatoes thawed
- 1 16 oz sour cream
- 1 10 3/4 oz can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lb smoked ham cubed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- If baking immediately, preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a skillet cook the bacon until crisp then remove to paper towels to drain. Reserve 2 Tbsp of drippings in the pan.
- Cook the red bell pepper until it begins to soften then add the green onion. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste. Add oil to the pan, if needed. Cook for 1 minute longer then remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the cooked vegetables with the remaining ingredients, reserving a few bacon crumbles, green onion and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese for the top.
- Spread evenly into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top. If making in advance, cover with plastic wrap and chill until baking.
- To prepare, place into a preheated 350°F oven and bake for 50 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden.
- Rest for 10 minutes then serve.