This Ham and Hash Brown Casserole is a potluck lovers dream filled with hearty potatoes and smoked ham. Most recently I made it and took it to my son's "Thankful Breakfast" at school. I think it's perfect for breakfast, brunch or serve it as a side dish for any meal. It's super convenient as it can be prepared in advance, then baked just before serving.
Ham and Hash Brown Casserole is Perfect Potluck Food
Potatoes Dishes are Always Crowd Pleasing
Other Casseroles to Add to the Menu
- Holiday ready Slow Cooker Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Casserole is a one dish meal.
- Cheesy Au Gratin Ranch Potatoes
- Hearty Sausage Hashbrown Casserole from The Country Cook.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Ham And Hash Brown Casserole
- ½ lb bacon
- 1 small red bell pepper finely diced
- 6 green onion thinly sliced
- 1 30 oz package frozen country style hash brown potatoes thawed
- 1 16 oz sour cream
- 1 10 ¾ oz can cream of celery soup
- ½ cup butter melted
- 3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ lb smoked ham cubed
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- If baking immediately, preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a skillet cook the bacon until crisp then remove to paper towels to drain. Reserve 2 Tbsp of drippings in the pan.
- Cook the red bell pepper until it begins to soften then add the green onion. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste. Add oil to the pan, if needed. Cook for 1 minute longer then remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the cooked vegetables with the remaining ingredients, reserving a few bacon crumbles, green onion and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese for the top.
- Spread evenly into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top. If making in advance, cover with plastic wrap and chill until baking.
- To prepare, place into a preheated 350°F oven and bake for 50 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden.
- Rest for 10 minutes then serve.