This flavorful Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Casserole is a one-dish meal you can enjoy for dinner and potluck parties year-round. In it, rotisserie chicken and bacon are mixed with buttery Yukon Gold potatoes and dressed with a creamy sauce seasoned with ranch dressing. Top it all off with white cheddar cheese and butter and bake it until it becomes golden and bubbly. Just watch it disappear.
Easy Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Casserole Recipe
Like all other moms I strive to bring meals to the table my family will love. I like to find ways of using familiar ingredients combined in an unexpected way. Any dish that begins with “chicken bacon ranch” is a winner right out of the gate as far as my family is concerned and with the addition of potatoes this Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Casserole became an instant hit. My family approved and gave it two thumbs up. Paired with a spinach salad it’s a feast any day of the week. How to make simple Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Casserole:
- Potatoes – Yukon Gold potatoes.
- Chicken – Rotisserie or roasted chicken.
- Bacon – Cooked and crumbled classic bacon.
- Sauce – Half and half, cream of onion soup, sour cream and butter.
- Mix-ins – Green onions.
- Cheese – Shredded white or yellow sharp cheddar cheese.
- Seasonings – Dry Ranch salad dressing mix, garlic salt, black pepper and paprika.
How to Make the Best Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Casserole Recipe
So chicken and potatoes may sound basic, but the flavors in this dish are anything but ordinary. It’s a one dish meal that can be assembled in advance so supper is ready to bake when you’re ready to eat.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe for Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Casserole: Yukon gold potatoes, salt, half and half, one can cream of onion soup, melted butter, sour cream, one packet dry Ranch dressing mix, garlic salt, paprika, black pepper, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, chopped rotisserie chicken, cooked and crumbled bacon and cubed butter for the top.
- This chicken potato casserole recipe makes a big casserole, so it’s important that you use a deep 13 x 9 inch baking dish or a lasagna pan to make this dish to fit in all of the goodness.
- To make this casserole, you’ll need a large pot for cooking the potatoes. a large bowl, measuring cups and spoons, a cheese grater and a large spoon or spatula for spreading into the baking dish.
- You can adjust the flavor of cheese in this casserole to suit your taste or use what you have on hand.
- This potato casserole can be assembled in advance, covered and chilled in the refrigerator. Bring it to room temperature for around 15 minutes prior to baking or adjust the baking time by 10-15 minutes, if baking straight from cold.
- I’m not one to bake with canned soups very often, but in this casserole it works. If you’re unable to find cream of onion soup you can adapt using cream of celery or cream of potato soup as a substitution.
- Store leftover chicken bacon ranch potato casserole for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in single portions in the microwave or place a piece of aluminum foil on top and bake at 350°F just until heated through.
More Southern Style Casserole Recipes to Make
I’m a casserole loving girl so I’ve got lots of options in the recipe index.
- Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole uses uncooked chicken to make prep a cinch.
- Six ingredient Easy Cornbread Casserole.
- This Pineapple Casserole is delicious alongside holiday ham.
- You can never go wrong turning inexpensive green cabbage into this Cheesy Cabbage Casserole.
- An all time family favorite Easy Broccoli Casserole recipe.
- The family will flip for these Loaded Potato Cakes.
- Homemade Green Bean Casserole.
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole for those busy oven days.
- Rutabaga Gratin from Spend with Pennies.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Casserole
- 5 lb Yukon Gold potatoes 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup half & half
- 1 10 3/4 oz can cream of onion soup
- 1 8 oz container sour cream
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 1.0 oz package dry Ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika plus additional for dusting
- 3 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese divided
- 8 green onion thinly sliced
- 3 cups roughly chopped rotisserie chicken
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp butter cubed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot cover the cubed potatoes with water. Season the water with with 1 tsp salt. Bring to a boil cooking for 12-15 minutes until fork tender. Drain well.
- Add to a large mixing bowl and using a potato masher roughly smash the potatoes leaving chunky.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together half & half, onion soup, sour cream, melted butter, dry salad dressing mix, garlic salt, black pepper and paprika. Use a large spoon or spatula mixing until combined.
- Add the sauce to the potatoes along with 2 cups shredded cheese, chopped chicken, crumbled bacon and green onion. Reserve some bacon crumbles and green onion for garnishing.
- Pour the mixture into the dish. Top with the remaining 1 cup shredded cheese and sprinkle with a light dusting of paprika. Dot with 2 Tbsp cubed butter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Garnish with reserved bacon and green onion just before serving