This creamy chicken bacon ranch potato casserole is a one-dish-meal dream. Rotisserie chicken and bacon are mixed with buttery Yukon Gold potatoes and dressed with a creamy Ranch sauce. Top it all with white cheddar cheese and cubed butter and bake it until golden and bubbly, then step back and watch it disappear.
Like all other moms I strive to bring meals to the table my family will love but, sometimes use different ingredients combined in a different way. Any dish that begins with “chicken bacon ranch” is a winner right out of the gate as far as my family is concerned. We love chicken and rice casseroles or any dish that features the two together but, it occurred to me that I hadn’t paired cooked chicken with potatoes very often in a casserole.
After taking a vote, the family approved of ,my idea and I whipped-up this dish. They gave it 2 thumbs up and this potato casserole took “winner winner chicken dinner” to a whole new level! Pair this hearty casserole with a green salad and it’s a feast any day of the week.
See it at The Weekend Potluck here
Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Casserole
- 5 lb Yukon Gold potatoes 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup half & half
- 1 10 3/4 oz can cream of onion soup
- 1 8 oz sour cream
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 1.0 oz package dry Ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika plus additional for dusting
- 3 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese divided
- 8 green onion thinly sliced
- 3 cup chopped rotisserie chicken
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp butter cubed
- In a large pot cover the cubed potatoes with water. Season the water with with 1 tsp salt. Bring to a boil cooking for 12-15 minutes until fork tender. Drain well.
- Add to a large mixing bowl and using a potato masher roughly smash the potatoes leaving chunky.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the half & half, onion soup, sour cream, melted butter, dry salad dressing mix, garlic salt, black pepper and paprika. Use a large spoon or spatula mixing until combined.
- Add the sauce to the potatoes along with 2 cups shredded cheese, chopped chicken, crumbled bacon and green onion. Reserve some bacon crumbles and green onion for garnishing.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour the mixture into the dish. Top with the remaining 1 cup shredded cheese and sprinkle with a light dusting of paprika. Dot with cubed butter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Garnish with reserved bacon and green onion just before serving