These homemade Ham Stuffed Cream Biscuits are slathered with a homemade honey dijon butter. Serve them for brunch, breakfast or as a small bite appetizer.
Easy Ham Stuffed Cream Biscuits Recipe
It’s no secret we love our biscuits in the South in any way, shape or form. They’re widely considered to be the house bread of the South. Buttermilk biscuits are the most common, and variations like these ham stuffed cream biscuits served with a generous slathering of homemade Honey-Dijon butter turns these ham biscuits into a bonafide treat! How to make Ham Stuffed Cream Biscuits: (Scroll down for full printable recipe.)
- Prepare Pans – Preheat the oven to 450°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Dry Ingredients – Use a whisk to sift together the flour and sugar.
- Cream – Gradually add heavy cream mixing until the dough forms.
- Roll the Dough – Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and roll or pat to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut into Rounds – Use a floured 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter to cut into rounds.
- Transfer to Pan – Place on pan. Brush the tops with the remaining heavy cream.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Honey Dijon Mustard – Whip together the ingredients for the Honey-Dijon butter.
- Assemble – Fill the biscuits with sliced ham and a generous slathering of honey-dijon butter then serve.
How to Make the BEST Stuffed Ham Cream Biscuits Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make Ham Stuffed Cream Biscuits: Self-rising flour, sugar, heavy whipping cream, thinly sliced smoked ham.
- Honey-Dijon Butter: Salted butter, onion powder, garlic powder, honey and Dijon mustard.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Medium bowl, sheet pans, biscuit cutter, whisk, sharp knife and cutting board, measuring cups and spoons.
- These cream biscuits are made with self-rising flour and cream putting them at the top of the list for simplicity in preparation. Self rising flour already has salt and leavening added so, there’s no need to add more.
- You can fill these biscuits with homemade baked ham or thinly sliced ham from your local deli.
- Easy assembly simply slice through the middle and fill the biscuits with sliced ham and a generous slathering of honey-mustard butter.
- The amount of biscuits may vary depending on the size of cutter used. You’ll make approximately 18-20 [2 1/2] inch ham biscuits with this recipe.
- You can cut these biscuits into any size you like. The yield can vary depending on the thickness of the dough and the biscuit cutter used.
- Store Ham Stuffed Cream Biscuits wrapped in foil in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat gently in the microwave.
More Biscuit Recipes to Make
- Fluffy Southern Buttermilk Biscuits are a fan favorite.
- Stuffed Ham Egg and Cheese Biscuits have a surprise hidden inside.
- Skillet Apple Pie Biscuits can be served for breakfast or dessert.
- 3 Ingredient Biscuits only take 3 pantry staples to make.
- Angel Biscuits are a cross between a buttermilk biscuit and a dinner roll.
- Garlic and Herb Biscuits are a riff on Cheddar Bay Biscuits from Red Lobster.
- Cornmeal Buttermilk Biscuits are a fusion of the to house breads of the South.
- Chicken Pot Pie Biscuits from Life in the Lofthouse.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Ham Stuffed Cream Biscuits with Honey Dijon Butter
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream plus 2 Tbsp divided
- 1 lb thinly sliced smoked ham
- Honey-Dijon Butter:
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour and sugar. Gradually add 2 1/4 cup heavy cream mixing until the dough forms.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead a few times coating with flour just until the dough is not sticky.
- Roll out to around 1/2 inch thickness.
- Use a floured 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter to cut into rounds.
- Place onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Brush the tops with the remaining heavy cream.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
- While the biscuits are baking, use a hand mixer and whip together the ingredients for the Honey-Dijon butter. Whip for 2 minutes until creamy and light.
- To assemble: Fill the biscuits with sliced ham and a generous slathering of honey-mustard butter. Serve immediately.