These homemade Ham Stuffed Cream Biscuits are slathered with a homemade honey dijon butter. Serve them for brunch, breakfast or as a small bite appetizer.
Biscuits are the House Bread of the South
It's no secret we love our biscuits in the South in any way, shape or form. They're widely considered to be the house bread of the South. Buttermilk biscuits are the most common, and variations like these ham stuffed cream biscuits come with a bonus honey Dijon butter that takes them to another level. A generous slathering of homemade Honey-Dijon butter turns these ham biscuits into a bonifide treat! Serve them any time of day as an appetizer, breakfast or for brunch.
Helpful Tips for Making Ham Biscuits
- These cream biscuits are made with self-rising flour and cream putting them at the top of the list for simplicity in preparation. Self rising flour already has salt and leavening added so, there's no need to add more.
- You can fill these biscuits with homemade baked ham or thinly sliced ham from your local deli.
- Easy assembly simply slice through the middle and fill the biscuits with sliced ham and a generous slathering of honey-mustard butter.
- The amount of biscuits may vary depending on the size of cutter used. You'll make approximately 18-20 [2 ½] inch ham biscuits with this recipe.
- You can cut these biscuits into any size you like. The yield can vary depending on the thickness of the dough and the biscuit cutter used.
Other Biscuit Recipes to Try
- Fluffy Southern Buttermilk Biscuits
- Stuffed Ham Egg and Cheese Biscuits
- Skillet Apple Pie Biscuits
- Chicken Pot Pie Biscuits from Life in the Lofthouse
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Ham Stuffed Cream Biscuits with Honey Dijon Butter
Servings: 18 [2 ½] inch biscuits
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 ¼ cup heavy whipping cream plus 2 Tbsp divided
- 1 lb thinly sliced smoked ham
- Honey-Dijon Butter:
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour and sugar. Gradually add 2 ¼ cup heavy cream mixing until the dough forms.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead a few times coating with flour just until the dough is not sticky.
- Roll out to around ½ inch thickness.
- Use a floured 2 ½ inch biscuit cutter to cut into rounds.
- Place onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Brush the tops with the remaining heavy cream.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
- While the biscuits are baking, use a hand mixer and whip together the ingredients for the Honey-Dijon butter. Whip for 2 minutes until creamy and light.
- To assemble: Fill the biscuits with sliced ham and a generous slathering of honey-mustard butter. Serve immediately.
You can cut these biscuits into any size you like. The yield can vary depending on the thickness of the dough and the biscuit cutter used.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 365mg | Potassium: 120mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 596IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
We would have fun, wouldn't we?
Thank you Linda, I wish you lived closer. xxxx
Oh my these look great. Every day I'm discovering something new in your Southern kitchen. And the Dijon butter sounds perfect! Thanks M