Biscuits are the House Bread of the South
Helpful Tips for Making Ham Biscuits
- These cream biscuits are made with self-rising flour and cream putting them at the top of the list for simplicity in preparation. Self rising flour already has salt and leavening added so, there's no need to add more.
- You can fill these biscuits with homemade baked ham or thinly sliced ham from your local deli.
- Easy assembly simply slice through the middle and fill the biscuits with sliced ham and a generous slathering of honey-mustard butter.
- The amount of biscuits may vary depending on the size of cutter used. You'll make approximately 18-20 [2 ½] inch ham biscuits with this recipe.
- You can cut these biscuits into any size you like. The yield can vary depending on the thickness of the dough and the biscuit cutter used.
Other Biscuit Recipes to Try
- Fluffy Southern Buttermilk Biscuits
- Stuffed Ham Egg and Cheese Biscuits
- Skillet Apple Pie Biscuits
- Chicken Pot Pie Biscuits from Life in the Lofthouse
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Ham Stuffed Cream Biscuits with Honey Dijon Butter
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 ¼ cup heavy whipping cream plus 2 Tbsp divided
- 1 lb thinly sliced smoked ham
- Honey-Dijon Butter:
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour and sugar. Gradually add 2 ¼ cup heavy cream mixing until the dough forms.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead a few times coating with flour just until the dough is not sticky.
- Roll out to around ½ inch thickness.
- Use a floured 2 ½ inch biscuit cutter to cut into rounds.
- Place onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Brush the tops with the remaining heavy cream.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
- While the biscuits are baking, use a hand mixer and whip together the ingredients for the Honey-Dijon butter. Whip for 2 minutes until creamy and light.
- To assemble: Fill the biscuits with sliced ham and a generous slathering of honey-mustard butter. Serve immediately.