This post originally brought to you by White Lily Flour
These Easy Drop Biscuits are not only scrumptious but they only require 3 simple ingredients to make. They’re the perfect no-fuss biscuit to prepare when you’re in a hurry as these drop biscuits skip the rolling and cutting that’s typically required to divide the dough. September has been declared National Biscuit Month and even though we enjoy homemade biscuits on a regular basis, this is one celebration I would never miss. I believe that making the best homemade biscuit starts with the flour so, my flour of choice is White Lily. White Lily Flour is a trusted brand and one my pantry is never without.
The House Bread of the South
As a girl, I learned how to make biscuits from my Mom and Grandma’s. Biscuits were the house bread of choice and it wouldn’t have been out of the ordinary for them to be served at any meal but, in particular for breakfast. Whether served smothered with rich sausage gravy, slathered with butter or homemade preserves a homemade biscuit just makes the meal. Now that I have a family of my own, the biscuit-making tradition has continued. For me, the smiles and the “oohs” and “aahs” just never get old.
Easy Drop Biscuits
When my dear friends at White Lily asked me to join the biscuit celebration, I couldn’t have been happier to oblige. In addition to this simple drop biscuit recipe they’re also giving away a gift basket which includes a biscuit cutter, pastry blender, flour sifter, notebook, flour and tote bag. All of these items are some of the basic essentials that any baker needs to kick-start their baking. Other biscuits you may enjoy making are these Asiago Herb Biscuits from 365 Days of Baking and more..
Original recipe here on White Lily
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of White Lily Flour. Thank you for being supportive and allowing me to share with you the brands that I care about and enjoy.
Easy Drop Biscuits
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening OR cold butter cubed
- 2/3 to 3/4 cups milk or buttermilk plus additional as needed
- Preheat the oven to 500°F. Coat a baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- Measure flour in a large bowl. Cut in shortening or butter using a pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbs are the size of peas.
- Blend in just enough milk with a fork until the dough leaves sides of bowl. If needed, add more milk to form soft dough.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately with sausage gravy, butter, honey or jam.