These Homemade Cheddar Cheese Crackers are cheesy, crisp and all natural ideal for serving at a casual get together and tailgating parties.
Homemade Cheddar Cheese Crackers
Homemade Cheddar Cheese Crackers are a fun family project that the whole family can make. They're scrumptious as a snack or served with vegetable beef soup and homemade chili for the crunch factor. I've been privileged to visit the White Lily Test Kitchen and spend time with the kitchen team. It's always a fabulous experience to visit with them in Nashville. We were able to work with a variety of flours and the wheat flour was what's used in this recipe.
Helpful Tips for Making Homemade Cheddar Cheese Crackers
While you may think making crackers from scratch seems like it would involve a ton of work it actually doesn't.
- I made these using one of White Lily's premium flours All Purpose Wheat Flour. You can recreate this recipe using any brand of wheat flour that you enjoy.
- The beauty of these crackers is that you could make them using any flavor of cheese that you like and personalize them to your taste.
- How impressive it would be to put out a plate of homemade crackers at your next girlfriend chatter session or package them in cellophane goody bags as a take home treat.
- Making delectable cheddar cheese filled crackers and supporting local farmers counts as win-win in my kitchen cookbook.
- If you like to make seasoned crackers these Ranch Seasoned Oyster Crackers are for you.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Images used by permission of White Lily
Homemade Cheddar Cheese Crackers
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose Wheat Flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- Coarse kosher salt
- COMBINE flour, salt and cayenne pepper in food processor fitted with chopping blade. Cover and pulse a few times to blend ingredients. Add cheese and butter. Pulse until dough forms. Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Chill 30 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Divide dough in half. Roll out one half to ⅛-inch thickness on flat surface. Cut into 1-inch squares using a pizza cutter. Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt, if desired. Make a small hole in center of each cracker using a metal or wooden skewer. Place crackers on ungreased baking sheets using turner. Repeat with remaining dough.
- BAKE 12 to 13 minutes or until crackers begin to turn light golden brown. Cool on baking sheet 3 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
- If you do not have a food processor, dough ingredients can be mixed by hand in large bowl, then kneaded on flat surface until well blended. Dough will be very stiff.
I recently made Käsegebäck AKA Cheese crackers for soup. And I loved them so much that I went looking for different versions. Yours look great. And I might just try them.
Julia's Simply Southern
These look amazing! I'll be making them soon 🙂
Thanks for sharing this recipe. I love the idea of being able to make cheese crackers at home. My boys like snacking on them and I feel better feeding them homemade crackers rather than the store-bought kind.
I agree homemade is best!
Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes
These look so amazing and I bet they are so much better than the store bought kind! I can't help but think how perfect they would be for game day!
Thanks Jamie and they are amazing for game day. ☺