These Homemade Cheddar Cheese Crackers are cheesy, crisp and all natural ideal for serving at a casual get together and tailgating parties.
Easy Cheddar Cheese Crackers Recipe
Homemade Cheddar Cheese Crackers are a fun family project that the whole family can make. They’re scrumptious as a snack or served with vegetable beef soup and homemade chili for the crunch factor. I’ve been privileged to visit the White Lily Test Kitchen and spend time with the kitchen team. It’s always a fabulous experience to visit with them in Nashville. We were able to work with a variety of flours and the wheat flour was what’s used in this recipe.
How to Make the BEST Homemade Cheddar Cheese Crackers
While you may think making crackers from scratch seems like it would involve a ton of work it actually doesn’t.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Cheddar Cheese Crackers: All purpose flour, cornstarch, cayenne pepper, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, salt, unsalted butter and coarse kosher salt or sea salt.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: 8 cup food processor, measuring cups and spoons, sheet pans, skewer and pizza cutter or straight edged pastry wheel.
- I have made these cheddar crackers using both all purpose flour and White Lily all purpose wheat flour a premium flour that can sometimes be harder to find. You can recreate this recipe using any brand of wheat flour that you enjoy. I haven’t tested this recipe using almond flour specifically.
- If you do not have a food processor, dough ingredients can be sifted together using a whisk in a large bowl, then kneaded on a flat surface until well blended. Dough will be very stiff.
- The beauty of these crackers is, that you could make them using any flavor of cheese that you like and personalize them to your taste. If you’d like a spicy cracker, try pepper jack cheese.
- Please note: Cheddar cheese packs a fair amount of sodium. Should you use another variety of cheese, the salt in the recipe may need to be adjusted.
- These homemade crackers make an impressive hostess gift or snacking with friends. You can put out a plate of homemade crackers at your next casual gathering with friends or package them in cellophane goody bags as a take home treat.
- Store Cheddar Cheese Crackers at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week
More Easy Appetizers and Snacks to Make
- Another fun cracker to make and eat is these Ranch Seasoned Oyster Crackers.
- Easy Dill Pickle Dip is always a hit.
- Gooey Mozzarella Sticks dipped in warm pizza sauce or marinara sauce is a party must have.
- These Buffalo Chicken Bites use wonton wrappers for the crust.
- Serve this homemade Salsa Verde with tortilla chips for dipping.
- Jalapeno Popper Puffs are made with crescent rolls.
- Parmesan Crisps from Food Network.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Images used by permission of White Lily
Homemade Cheddar Cheese Crackers
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- Coarse kosher salt
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- COMBINE flour, cornstarch, salt and cayenne pepper in a food processor fitted with chopping blade. Cover and pulse a few times to sift ingredients.
- Add cheese and butter. Pulse until dough forms. Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Chill 30 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Using a floured rolling pin, roll out one half to 1/8-inch thickness on flat surface. Cut into 1-inch squares using a pizza cutter.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet with a spatula. Repeat process with remaining dough. Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt, if desired. Make a small hole in center of each cracker using a metal or wooden skewer.
- BAKE for 12 to 13 minutes or until crackers begin to turn light golden brown. Cool on baking sheet 3 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.