These Ranch Seasoned Oyster Crackers are a spectacular option for homemade snacking and for topping a bowl of soup, chowder or chili. They're super simple to make and take a simple bowl of soup to a different level. Grated Parmesan cheese adds another layer of flavor making them positively additive.
Easy Ranch Seasoned Oyster Crackers Recipe
We're a family who loves soups and stews. While there are a plethora of delicious crackers on the market to enjoy, there's something extra special about making homemade seasoned crackers yourself. Homemade seasoned crackers add both flavor and crunch complimenting most any flavor. Be it a crock pot filled with vegetable beef soup, taco soup or a big pot of comforting chicken noodle, my boys flip for a big bowl of these Ranch Seasoned Oyster Crackers to go along with it. During the holidays, they're terrific for homemade gift giving for those who may not have the ultimate sweet tooth. Set a bowl of these out at your next game day party and watch 'em go.
How to Make the Best Ranch Seasoned Oyster Cracker recipe
There's something special about taking the time to make something at home to share with family and friends. This recipe for ranch seasoned oyster crackers is top notch. Even something as simple as seasoned crackers made at home just makes people light up whenever they're served.
- Why are they called oyster crackers? They're a small round or hexagonal shaped cracker that contains similar ingredients found in saltine crackers. They're bite sized and famously served with oyster stew or clam chowder. There are no oysters in oyster crackers.
- Which oyster crackers are best? The most important thing is to start with your favorite brand of fresh oyster crackers.
- Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Mix is readily available on the salad dressing aisle with the other dry salad dressing mixes. If you're unable to find it, a private label ranch dressing mix will work.
- How much does it take if I have a large container of ranch dressing mix? You'll need around 2-3 tablespoons of dry dressing seasoning.
- How long will Ranch Seasoned Oyster Crackers last? You can store these crackers at room temperature in an air tight container for up to one week.
Other Homemade Crackers and Snack Recipes to Make
- Homemade Cheddar Cheese Crackers are terrific for giving to friends and neighbors at the holidays or to show them your appreciation.
- Although not a cracker recipe, this vintage recipe for Party Snack Mix is always a crowd pleaser.
- Season potato chips from your pantry and toss them into the oven for these Italian and Cajun Gourmet Potato Chips to serve warm at home.
- Are you or someone you know gluten free? You may also like to try this recipe for One Bowl Vegan Gluten Free Crackers from Minimalist Baker.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Original Recipe credit Hidden Valley Oyster Crackers here
Ranch Seasoned Oyster Crackers
- ⅓ cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 1.0-oz package dry Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dry dill weed
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 9-oz bags Oyster crackers
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Have nearby a large rimmed baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, Ranch, dill, lemon pepper and garlic powder until seasonings are dissolved.
- Add the crackers and Parmesan. Mix with a large spoon until evenly coated. (Alternately pour into a large plastic storage bag and shake until coated.
- Spread on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes stopping to stir halfway through.
- Cool completely then store in an airtight container.
Thank you. My 10 year old granddaughter loves to make these when she comes to Mima’s house! Now she can make it herself. She was proud to make them for her mom
How wonderful, I'm so happy she loved making these!
Thank you for this user friendly recipe. Prints nicely. Easy to follow instructions. Great layout. Oh, and I love the Ranch crackers with the added Parmesan!