Homemade Ranch Dip – When it comes to dips, I dare say ranch dip is likely in the number one spot. I love it too, the flavors compliment so many munchies it’s become a staple. It’s really not difficult to make your own, and in fact I love that it gives you the opportunity to be creative. If you really love dill, toss in some fresh dill in addition to the dried to give it a bit of zip. Do you enjoy garlic? Add fresh minced garlic to suit your personal taste. It’s really not just for dipping, I like to serve it in place of plain sour cream to top a loaded baked potato, too. This always seems to delight my family and guests.
You can also make it lower in calories by adjusting the dairy using your favorite brands of a lower cal versions. I make a point to make this up to 2 days in advance to give the flavors time to combine and become more robust. You will be delighted with the response from your munchie loving eaters.
- ¾ cup real mayonnaise
- ½ cup whole buttermilk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp chopped fresh Italian parsley or ½ tsp dry
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp white vinegar
- ¼ tsp ground mustard
- ¼ tsp dry dill weed
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, bell pepper and carrot sticks for serving
- Up to 2 days in advance, whisk together all of the ingredients until fully blended.
- Place into an air tight container and store chilled until serving.