This Homemade Ranch Dip is really not difficult to make and I love that it gives you the opportunity to be creative. Using an array of seasonings and fresh herbs, it's the perfect accompaniment to crudites, chips or even dolloped on a baked potato. Make this Homemade Ranch Dip in advance and chill thoroughly and you're all set to party.
Homemade Ranch Dip
When it comes to dips, I dare say ranch dip is likely in the number one spot. I love it too, the flavors compliment so many snacks it's become a staple. If you really love dill, toss in some fresh dill in addition to the dried to give it a bit of zip.
The Many Ways to Utilize this Homemade Ranch Dip
Ranch dip really isn't just for dipping, I like to serve it in place of plain sour cream to top a loaded baked potato and as a condiment for sandwiches, burgers, sliders and subs. These different uses seem to always delight my family and guests.
Pro Tips for Making:
- You can make this dip lower calorie by adjusting the ingredients using your favorite brands of lighter versions of buttermilk, mayonnaise and sour cream.
- I recommend making this dip a couple of days in advance to give the flavors time to combine and become more robust. You will be delighted with the response from your snack loving friends.
- If you enjoy garlic you can add fresh minced garlic to suit your personal taste. Keep the dip chilled and eat it within a couple of days.
- You may also like to try my recipe for Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing that we drizzle on everything from salads, to tacos and tortilla chips.
- Also, my recipe for Jalapeno Ranch Dressing rivals one we love from a local Mexican restaurant.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Homemade Ranch Dip
- ¾ cup real mayonnaise
- ½ cup whole buttermilk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley or ½ teaspoon dry
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon dry dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Celery sticks cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, bell pepper and carrot sticks for serving
- Up to 2 days in advance, whisk together all of the ingredients until fully blended.
- Place into an air tight container and chill thoroughly before serving.
There's that yummy buttermilk again, I'm going to be enjoying this recipe for sure!
Ha it's true Linda my fridge is never without it. Thanks!
Than you Melissa and have a great long weekend.
Thanks stay safe, Liz.