This Homemade Ranch Dip is really not difficult to make and I love that it gives you the opportunity to be creative. Using an array of seasonings and fresh herbs, it’s the perfect accompaniment to crudites, chips or even dolloped on a baked potato. Make this Homemade Ranch Dip in advance and chill thoroughly and you’re all set to party.
Easy Homemade Ranch Dip Recipe
When it comes to dips, I dare say ranch dip is likely in the number one spot. I love it too, the flavors compliment so many snacks it’s become a staple. If you really love dill, toss in some fresh dill in addition to the dried to give it a bit of zip.
How to Make the BEST Ranch Dip Recipe
Ranch dip really isn’t just for dipping, I like to serve it in place of plain sour cream to top a loaded baked potato and as a condiment for sandwiches, burgers, sliders and subs. These different uses seem to always delight my family and guests.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Ranch Dip: Mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, fresh chives, parsley, garlic salt, onion powder, granulated garlic or garlic powder, white distilled vinegar, ground mustard, dried dill, granulated sugar and black pepper.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Medium bowl, measuring cups and spoons, whisk or hand mixer.
- You can make this dip lower calorie by adjusting the ingredients using your favorite brands of lighter versions of buttermilk, mayonnaise and sour cream.
- The sugar used in the recipe is to balance the flavor. It doesn’t make the dressing sweet.
- I recommend making this dip a couple of days in advance to give the flavors time to combine and become more robust. You will be delighted with the response from your snack loving friends.
- If you enjoy garlic you can add fresh minced garlic to suit your personal taste. Keep the dip chilled and eat it within a couple of days.
- You may also like to try my recipe for Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing that we drizzle on everything from salads, to tacos and tortilla chips.
- Also, my recipe for Jalapeno Ranch Dressing rivals one we love from a local Mexican restaurant.
- Store homemade Ranch Dip chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Serve with fresh vegetables, chips, fritos, pretzels, crostini or any of your favorite dippers.
More Easy Dip Recipes to Make
- Spinach Artichoke Dip is a restaurant favorite that can easily be recreated at home.
- Homemade French Onion Dip is bound to become a family favorite.
- Million Dollar Dip is easy to make and eat!
- Buffalo Chicken Dip will wow your friends and family.
- This BLT Dip features all of the familiar flavors we all love.
- Gooey Three Cheesesteak Dip is packed with flavor.
- For more appetizer inspiration, checkout my Parade article featuring 36 Scrumptious Appetizers.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Homemade Ranch Dip
- 3/4 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup whole buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp chopped fresh Italian parsley or 1/2 tsp dry
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp dry dill weed
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Celery sticks cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, bell pepper and carrot sticks for serving
- Up to 2 days in advance, whisk together all of the ingredients until fully blended.
- Place into an air tight container and chill thoroughly before serving.