This homemade Honey Mustard Sauce is packed with flavor and it can be whipped-up in no time flat. Enjoy it on salads, as a dip for chicken and french fries or as a condiment for sandwiches and burgers.
Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe
When my boys were younger, I was never quite sure if they loved the food they were eating, or the honey mustard sauce they were dipping it into. The same goes for ranch dressing. Regardless, I was a happy and they’ve carried their love of dipping sauces into their teen years as well. Sauces like Japanese Steakhouse Yum Yum Sauce, Southern Comeback Sauce and copycat Chick-fil-A Sauce are regulars on our fun-loving dip rotation. You’ll only need a small bowl and a whisk to whip this sauce up in a hurry any night of the week. How to make homemade Honey Mustard: (Scroll down for full printable recipe.)
- In a medium bowl whisk together real mayonnaise, honey, Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, granulated garlic or garlic powder, onion powder and paprika.
- Pour the mixture into an airtight container and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Store chilled in an airtight container for up to one week.
How to Make Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce
This easy sauce doesn’t require any cooking at all making it very simple to make in no time flat. It’s one of those great opportunities to grab the kids and get them involved in making their own. When doing so, you’ll see their cooking skills expand before your eyes.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make this simple Honey Mustard Sauce: You’ll need real mayonnaise, honey, Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, garlic, onion powder and paprika. Please note, Miracle Whip isn’t the best option for this recipe.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Medium bowl, whisk, measuring cups and spoons.
- How long does it take to make this honey mustard recipe? This sauce literally takes 5 minutes to make. The only hard part is allowing it time to chill for the flavors to marry. You can enjoy immediately, should you choose to do so, but chill time brings all of the flavors together more fully.
- Can I use a different kind of mustard? If you prefer, you can use a spicy brown mustard or additional Dijon in place of the whole grain mustard called for in the recipe. Yellow mustard won’t work quite as well here.
- Can the amount of sweetness in honey mustard be adjusted? You may also taste and adjust the amount of honey in the recipe to suit your taste.
- How long can you store homemade honey mustard? This sauce can be stored in a jar or similar type of airtight container of choice, for up to one week.
- How do you serve it? You can use it for dipping chicken nuggets or chicken tenders, drizzled on salad, or as a dip with pretzels. It can also be used as a sandwich spread. It makes a great condiment for a turkey sandwich. It also serves as a delicious sauce for french fries.
More Salad Dressings and Sauces to Make
- his sweet and tangy Poppy Seed Dressing is delicious drizzled over a fresh spinach salad.
- My copycat Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing is a better-for-you option you can make at home.
- My Mom’s Easy Coleslaw Dressing is simply dreamy.
- Garlic and Herb Buttermilk Dressing is like an elevated homemade Ranch dressing.
- This fresh Green Goddess Dressing recipe is packed with the bright flavor of fresh herbs.
- Make your own Caesar salad with this homemade Caesar Salad Dressing recipe for your next Italian night at home.
- Jalapeno Ranch Dressing is perfect for salads, tacos or dipping.
- Creamy Homemade Thousand Island Dressing.
- Raspberry Vinaigrette from Mom on Timeout.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 2/3 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together all ingredients until fully blended.
- Pour into an airtight container and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- May store chilled in an airtight container for up to one week.