This Honey Mustard Sauce is packed with flavor and it can be whipped-up in no time flat. Enjoy it on salads, as a dip for chicken and fries or a condiment for sandwiches and burgers.
Honey Mustard Sauce
When my boys were younger, I was never quite sure if they loved the food they were eating, or the honey mustard sauce they were dipping it into. The same goes for ranch dressing. Regardless, I was a happy and they've carried their love of dipping sauces into their teen years as well. Sauces like Japanese steakhouse yum yum sauce, Southern comeback sauce and copycat Chick-fil-A sauce are regulars on our dun-loving dip rotation.
How Easy is Honey Mustard Sauce to Make?
This sauce doesn't require any cooking at all making it very simple to make in no time flat. Grab the kids and get them involved in making their own and watch their cooking skills expand before your eyes.
- This sauce literally takes 5 minutes to make. The only hard part is allowing it time to chill for the flavors to marry. You can enjoy immediately, should you choose to do so but, chill time brings all of the flavors together more fully.
- If you prefer, you may use a spicy brown mustard or additional Dijon in place of the whole grain mustard called for in the recipe.
- You may also taste and adjust the amount of honey to your taste.
- This sauce can be stored in a jar or airtight container of choice, for up to one week.
- Enjoy it drizzled on chicken or pork, as a dip with pretzels or as a sandwich spread.
- It also serves as a delicious fry sauce and if you'd like to make your own fries, checkout this recipe for homemade french fries from i heart naptime.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Honey Mustard Sauce
- ⅔ cup real mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- ½ tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together all ingredients until fully blended.
- Pour into an airtight container and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- May store chilled in an airtight container for up to one week.