Elevate your next burger with a generous drizzle of this Special Burger Sauce. It's equally delicious when used as a dipping sauce for fries and onion rings or as a salad dressing.
Special Burger Sauce Recipe
We all know that famous jingle, "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onion on a sesame seed bun." McDonalds sold many Big Macs with that commercial, and we all got hooked on that scrumptious burger sauce. When breaking it down, it's not difficult to recreate their "secret" sauce at home and in fact, often you can even improve on the original by tweaking it to your own personal taste.
Helpful Tips for Making Special Burger Sauce
While I usually provide process steps for making my recipes, this one is so simple, there's no need.
- When making this sauce, I have found that real mayonnaise, not Miracle Whip, gives the best flavor. If you simply prefer Miracle Whip, you can use it in the same amount.
- I've made this recipe using onion powder in place of the grated onion but, the combination of fresh onion and onion powder is my preference. If you want to replace with all onion powder, start with 1 tsp, taste and adjust from there.
- Allow ample time for the sauce to chill so the flavors can fully marry.
- This sauce can be made and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Use this sauce for burgers, chicken, fries, onion rings or as a salad dressing.
- Other restaurant favorites you can make at home from the MSSK Recipe Index, Copycat Chick-fil-A Sauce, Japanese Steakhouse Yum Yum Sauce and Homemade Ranchero Sauce.
- You may also enjoy this Copycat Arby's Horsey Sauce from CopyKat Recipes.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Special Burger Sauce
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup prepared French salad dressing
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 ½ tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a medium-size mixing bowl whisk together mayonnaise, French dressing, ketchup, relish, onion, vinegar, garlic, onion powder and salt until fully combined.
- Pour into an airtight container and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Store chilled in an airtight container for up to one week.