This creamy Jalapeno Ranch Dressing is inspired by the luscious ranch dip at Chuy's. It's fabulous served as a dip, dressing, drizzled on nachos or for dipping taquitos or quesadillas.
Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
If you've never heard of Chuy's it's a famous Tex-Mex restaurant that originated in Austin Texas. We don't have a Chuy's near us but, we always make a point to see out a location we're on the road traveling. Their jalapeno ranch dip is made in-house and served by the gallons daily. It's addicting. Since we don't have one nearby, I had to make a homemade knock-off. I'm calling this a dressing but, it's perfect as a dip, drizzled on nachos, tacos, burgers, used for dipping chicken tenders and beyond. Another fan favorite here on MSSK is my Homemade Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing and it can be used in the same ways. Another happy addition to any appetizer menu are dips like this Jalapeno Popper Dip from The Country Cook.
Helpful Tips for Making Homemade Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
Because of the versatility and many uses for this dressing, I wanted to mention a few things:
- When using to drizzle on a salad, you may want to make it thicker. To do so, simply add more mayonnaise. Likewise, if you'd like it thinner, add a bit more buttermilk.
- Want to bring the heat? It's completely up to you if you seed the jalapeno peppers. Be advised, that leaving the seeds in the dressing will add more spice and removing the seeds will give it a milder level of heat.
- I also recommend that you make a batch at least one day in advance to allow the flavors to combine and mellow.
- Store unused dressing in an airtight container in the fridge and it will keep for up to one week.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
- 1 large jalapeno pepper diced (See Cook's note)
- 1-2 Tbsp roughly chopped pickled jalapeno slices Adjust to your taste
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp roughly chopped sweet onion
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ cup real mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro leaves loosely packed
- 1 ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp lemon pepper
- In a food processor or stand blender, roughly chop the jalapeno pepper, pickled jalapenos, garlic cloves, chopped onion and lime juice.
- Add the mayonnaise, buttermilk, sour cream, cilantro, garlic salt, onion powder, garlic powder, sugar and lemon pepper. Process until fully combined.
- Pour into a mason jar and chill overnight. Shake well before serving,
- Use within 7 days of making.