This creamy jalapeno ranch dressing is inspired by the luscious ranch dip at Chuy’s. It’s fabulous served as a dip, dressing, drizzled on nachos or for dipping taquitos or quesadillas. If you’ve never heard of Chuy’s it’s a famous Tex-Mex restaurant that originated in Austin Texas. We don’t have a Chuy’s nearby but we always make a point to see out a location we’re on the road traveling. Their jalapeno ranch dip is made in-house and served by the gallons daily. It’s addicting.
Since we don’t have one nearby I had to make a homemade knock-off. I’m calling this a dressing but it’s perfect as a dip, drizzled on nachos, tacos, burgers, used for dipping chicken tenders and beyond. Think you’d like it a little thicker? Add more mayonnaise. Likewise, if you’d like it thinner, add a bit more buttermilk. It’s completely up to you if you seed the jalapeno peppers be aware that leaving the seeds in the dressing will add spice and removing the seeds will give it a milder level of heat. Make a batch at least one day in advance to allow the flavors to mellow. Store unused dressing tightly sealed in the fridge and it will keep for up to one week.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
- 1 large jalapeno pepper diced (See Cook's note)
- 1-2 Tbsp roughly chopped pickled jalapeno slices Adjust to your taste
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp roughly chopped sweet onion
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves loosely packed
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper
- In a food processor or stand blender, roughly chop the jalapeno pepper, pickled jalapenos, garlic cloves, chopped onion and lime juice.
- Add the mayonnaise, buttermilk, sour cream, cilantro, garlic salt, onion powder, garlic powder, sugar and lemon pepper. Process until fully combined.
- Pour into a mason jar and chill overnight. Shake well before serving,
- Use within 7 days of making.