Jamaican Jerk Meatballs
Servings: 45 meatballs
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1/2 medium red pepper finely diced
- olive oil
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 1 lb ground fresh pork
- 1 lb [85/15] ground beef
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp Jamaican Jerk seasoning [i.e.McCormick's]
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Spicy Caribbean Jerk Marinade & Sauce [i.e. KC Masterpiece]
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a stove top pan, saute the diced onion and red pepper in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil just until translucent. Add the minced garlic and continue to saute for 2 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the sauteed vegetables, ground pork, ground beef, breadcrumbs, beaten eggs, milk, pineapple juice, cilantro, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, jerk seasoning, salt and black pepper. Using your hands mix until combined.
- Form into bite sized balls and place onto the baking sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes. Increase the temperature to 425°F and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with the spicy Caribbean dipping sauce.
Optional Serving Idea: Spray the inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. Cook meatballs per recipe then chill or immediately arrange in slow cooker. In a small mixing bowl, mix together 1/2 cup Caribbean jerk marinade and sauce, 3/4 cup chili sauce, and one 10-oz jar of pineapple preserves. Mix together and pour over the cooked meatballs in the slow cooker. Simmer on low for 2 hours, then keep warm until serving.
Hi, thanks for stopping by to visit my website My name is Melissa, I’m a busy Mom, author, recipe developer, photographer, food writer and blogger. I’m passionate about creating delicious dishes to share with family and friends!