These Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are a scrumptious option for your small bites appetizers menu. They're the ultimate fusion meatball for any occasion when you're serving casual finger foods.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Recipe
This meatball recipe is a fusion of flavors that makes them perfection for most any occasion. Since ground chicken is as readily available as ground beef these days, it opens a plethora of opportunities to use it in everyday meals and appetizers. Meatballs are always received well at our house, and the tender texture that ground chicken provides makes these almost melt in your mouth.
Helpful Tips for Making Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- For a timesaver, the meatball mixture can be mixed up in advance, placed into an airtight container and chilled. It's then ready to divide and shape into meatballs just before baking.
- You can also make the meatballs in advance, cook and freeze. Thaw in the fridge, then place into a slow cooker and cover with sauce. Simmer on low for 1-2 hours until heated through, then keep warm until serving.
- You can make these meatballs any size you like. For this purpose, they're bite size and using a small scoop helps to maintain even sizing for even cooking.
- You can cook these meatballs on a broiler pan or a rimmed sheet pan.
- You can serve these with bleu cheese dressing or dip or your favorite bottled ranch dressing. You could also use my recipe for Garlic Herb Buttermilk Dressing for dipping.
Other Meatballs Recipes to Add to the Menu
Meatballs are always a winning choice as an entrée, a snack or appetizer. Other meatball recipes you may like to add to the menu:
- These Slow Cooker Party Meatballs are made entirely in the slow cooker.
- These island inspired Jamaican Jerk Meatballs are a fan favorite!
- Homemade Italian meatballs are the star of these Italian Meatball Subs.
- Asian inspired Teriyaki Meatballs can be served with picks as an appetizer or over rice as an entrée.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup red onion finely diced
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon buffalo wing sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1.0 oz package ranch salad dressing mix
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup salted butter
- 2 cups buffalo wing sauce
- celery, carrot sticks and blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet or broiler pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together chicken, panko, onion, parsley, Parmesan, garlic, buffalo sauce, eggs, ranch dressing mix and pepper. Use a small scoop to form into 1 inch balls. Place on pan at least 1 inch apart. If baking in batches, chill mixture between baking.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-size saucepan melt butter. Add wing sauce cooking over medium low just until heated through.
- Add meatballs to sauce, toss gently until coated. Simmer for 3-5 minutes. Arrange on a platter with picks for serving.
- Serve with celery, carrots and bleu cheese or ranch dressing for dipping.
The Buffalo Chicken Meatballs look delicious. Is there any way to substitute blue cheese for the ranch?
I'm not certain if you mean the seasoning or the dip. You can dip these meatballs in bleu cheese dip or dressing, sure. If you mean the seasoning in the meatballs, that's not as simple. You would need to adjust the seasonings overall if you want to omit that ingredient.
This looks wonderful! Beautiful pictures and simple instructions. Love your tip on cooking ahead, freezing and reheating in the slow cooker. I can't wait to try!
Hi Susan, thank you so much. I hope you love these yummy meatballs!