This citrus flavor of this Lemon Butter Bundt Cake is certain to tantalize your taste buds. It has a tender crumb and packs a pop of lemon flavor with each and every bite. The dreamy lemon cake batter is baked until golden in a bundt pan, then poked with holes and soaked with a homemade lemon butter syrup fresh from the oven. After allowing the syrup to soak in completely and the cake to cool, simply dust with powdered sugar, slice and serve.
Take the Baking-From-Scratch Plunge
Baking from scratch doesn't have to be intimidating. I know many people shy away from it at times but, once you master it the baking world opens up to you in a way you may have never experienced. This lemon butter bundt cake is a fabulous recipe to start with and freezes like a dream for make ahead baking. Lemon is a year-round favorite of mine and recipes like my Outrageous Lemon Lovers Trifle, Lemon Burst Poke Cake, Lemon Lush and Lemon Lovers Pound Cake remain some of my most downloaded recipes to date. To me, citrus tastes like a bite of sunshine on the coldest winters day. Lemon is a happy flavor and that emotion is contagious with every bite.
Thanks for visiting com back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Lemon Butter Bundt Cake
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp pure almond extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3.4 oz instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon zest
- Lemon Butter Sauce:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 5 Tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Butter and flour a standard bundt pan or spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla and almond extracts for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at time beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, pudding mix, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients and buttermilk alternately beginning and ending with flour until all has been added. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl periodically.
- Add the lemon zest and beat just until fully combined stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Spread into the prepared pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a long skewer inserted into the center comes back clean.
- Meanwhile, on the stovetop in a small saucepan, melt together the sugar, butter and lemon juice just until melted, do not boil.
- Immediately after removing the cake from the oven, use a long skewer to poke holes all over the top and into the cake.
- Slowly pour the lemon butter sauce over the top and let it soak into the cake.
- Cool to warm in the pan then turn onto a rack to cool completely.
- Serve dusted with powdered sugar and a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.