These dreamy Loaded Scalloped Potatoes are the epitome of comforting tummy filling side dishes. Tender parboiled slices of fresh potatoes are smothered in a creamy sour cream sauce, seasoned with bacon and fresh chives. Add copious amounts of cheddar cheese and these scalloped potatoes are instantly transformed into the kind of food that brings them running to the table any day of the week.
The love of potatoes is universal, I think. Everyone loves those carb laden root vegetables in one form or another. Hence the reason I have a plethora of potato casseroles that I turn to when I want to make an indulgent side dish. They’re incredibly versatile and compliment so many entrees. I often make some sort of potato casserole when entertaining as they can be assembled in advance and baked just before serving. The creamy sauce, smokey bacon, cheddar cheese and chives, it’s everything you love about a baked potato with the ease of serving it to a crowd.
You may also like: Loaded BBQ Pork Potato Casserole,Copycat Dickey’s Potato Casserole,Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole and Baked Garlic Herb Mashed Potatoes.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Loaded Scalloped Potatoes
Servings 8 -10
- 4 lbs russet potatoes thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can [10 3/4 oz] cream of onion soup
- 1 can [10 3/4 oz] cream of potato soup
- 1 cup half & half
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 8-10 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 packet [0.4 oz] dry buttermilk dressing mix
- 1/3 cup chopped chives or green onion divided
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 13 x 9- inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Use a mandolin to thinly slice potatoes. Add to a large pot and cover with water. Add salt.
- Parboil for around 5 minutes or just until fork tender. Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together both soups, half & half, sour cream, butter, crumbled bacon, buttermilk dressing mix, chives and 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- Add drained potatoes to the mixing bowl. Using a large spoon or spatula gently fold the potatoes int the sauce..
- Spread the potatoes evenly into the baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Sprinkle the top with chopped chives and allow to rest on the counter for 5-10 minutes before serving.